Thank you.... :)

TimW

Club Member
Hello Folks, it’s been some while since I’ve posted much. I’ve kept track for the most, peeking in on my phone over a cup of coffee in the morning, and popping up here and there, more so recently on Jake’s “Boobie” post.. (Jake, can you email me a high res?).

Well, it’s been quite a journey, as some know I’ve been battling cancer and effects of chemo the past 18 months. I’m in remission and well back on track energy, mobility and cognitively wise, although the ‘other half’ says on the latter I wasn’t much that anyways.. haha.. I’ve a few recent scans and tests I’m awaiting results on, but totally confident I’m done and dusted.... A few things, perhaps acknowledging I’m not the same, but can easily adapt so ‘onwards and upwards’... God bless the NHS..

For quite some time I’ve wanted to thank all, but for some reason shyed away from it.. I think it comes from that growing up in the 70’s thing, we just don’t talk about it, a fear of appearing to bleat on about it and hey us guys growing up in the seventies don’t feel their testicles (we let the chicas do that).. lol.. not that it was mine, it’s rare, 1 in 2 million and at least not as a result of being a life long bloody smoker!.. I think also there was a fear to engage, fearing I’d not be up to it in the event, difficult to explain, but I suppose for me a part... Anyways peeps... I just want to say... “Thank you so much chaps and chappettes”... I feel the need to mention a few, who without their support my journey would have been so much more difficult. It’s hard to explain the full extent... Jake, God bless you for all mate... ChrisV, ye old mukka and kindred spirit, jealous of your RV.., Rob G, missing our cake buddy, for sure... Mr T, let’s spend some time in the workshop... Status, gawd blimey mate... Stevie B Baby, I’ll still carry a ciggie for when we meet.... Paul, Christian, Woody, Richie P, Jonbills, JohnyMD, “The Girls ”, Riddler, Sean D, all I’m sure not aware how much their kindnesses had such a huge impact on me.

It’s a testament of the club and the people involved, how lifelong friendships can be formed, and how especially in these difficult times we all find ourselves in, how a kind gesture goes such a long way.

Enough said... Yesterday was the first day for months back in my workshop, TBH I was a little head in hands, picking up the pieces and thinking “What’s next, where do I go from here?”.. I’m full of excitement and energy, privileged to be enjoying the space... I’ve spent the past month or so picking up on the domestics and work which inevitably had grown, but for now the large part is done and I’m champing at the bit to get back to my Z’s ...

Not sure how to title my next post which will be my main thread... It’s gonna be about my Z’s, the workshop and how much of this is unknown... I’m no mechanic, confident body wise, to me it’s more of a journey of a guy that just loves anything to do with Z’s, likes something new and can’t think of anything better than tinkering!... Was thinking.. “One man, his workshop and his Z’s”... Suggestions please...

For the first time in quite a while I feel that I’m back, thank you so much peeps...

Tim

Yesterday in the workshop...

20200814_162217.jpg

took me a while haha.. forgot how to post

Last edited:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
What Fantastic news really can not wait to all get together again as you don't realise how much of a laugh we had and still have the photo of you wearing the the pog mo thoin shorts

kiss my butt.jpg

Last edited:

uk66fastback

Club Member
Tim, had no idea you were going through all this. It’s hard to hear but sounds like you’re just about through the other side. All the best ... and don’t stop working on and posting about the cars ...

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So glad you're on the mend. Will absolutely drop by as soon as it's safe :thumbs:

Good shout on regular 'self checking' - I imagine most of us check for rust on the Zed more frequently!

SacCyclone

Club Member
Tim,
great to hear that you fought the bastard for the last 18 months and came out the other side. Just got a letter yesterday from a friend who told me that he has just been diagnosed with small cell cancer and will be starting chemo and radiation this week. I will be sure to mention your success story to him and let him know there is light on the other side.
Congrats Z mate.
Mike

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well written Tim. You are a great guy and have been strong throughout - inspirational. Shame Covid has stopped our auction viewings, really enjoy those. Perhaps just as well - looking at your cars I've had some involvement in all 3 purchases.

Amazingly throughout your illness you have learnt to pass a motorbike test and bought one too - you just can't stop buying can you!

Your attention to detail knows no limits either - impressive.

Best wishes for the future.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Never fear quarrels, but seek hazardous adventures. ;)

Love you brother.

All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.

PARTY :party:

:smoke:

johnymd

Club Member
Superb news Tim. With all of my close family affected by cancer and my scare a short while ago I know just how much of an impact it has on us and those around us. Over the moon to hear your getting through it and moving towards some sort of normality again.

Take care.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
I new you would fight thro Tim :) you are strong mate, it's not a easy one to cope I try to not bring it up you enjoy the day beter and we did was a good laugh at Silverstone and Bicester and oulton park always good see you mate :) roaring passed you on parade lap ;)

Bazzateer

Club Member
We haven't met but a friend has just had similar news so I am now doubly inspired.

On another note, what a great workshop! JEALOUS!

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Kiss my Arse:EXTRAlol:
What happened to those 'lively' Irish girls? :D

Heartfelt and touching post Tim!
Glad to see you are back in the workshop and ready to take up fellow 'Musketeer' duties as soon as we can find an event that's still on :rolleyes: (although off the record, Tim, Jake and I did actually manage an informal meet up two Sunday's ago and ended up at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon - just to show them what real cars look like ;)) Some seriously nice cars in there and we virtually had the place to ourselves, a great day out!

IMG_4794.JPG

AD240Z

Club Member
Great post

it’s nice to hear some positive news at the moment - and look forward to your progress in that splendid workshop.

Farmer42

Club Member
Tim, I didn't realise you were going through all this. I think we spoke when you were at Castle Combe last year but I can't recall you saying anything. Apologies if you did.

It's so good to hear of another beating the s**t disease. I am 5 years clear myself but my Missus wasn't so lucky and it got her back in June. I see & hear of so many people affected by Cancer with differing outcomes but so good to hear a positive in what otherwise has been a pretty crap year.

Keep it going mate and nice workshop by the way.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Great news mate I’ll speak to yer during the week if you answer yer phone ha ha,bought a tear to me eye,some of us get lucky and some not so lucky,just remember when I lost my eye it’s not just being ill that f—-S you up and more good news isJon M brought the Zed back yesterday after doing a little job on it ha ha,Thanks mate,so I’ll be up with you three next time your out ,some of us have got our own little classic car clan that I’m going to get going again,no rules,no bull,just enjoy

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Kiss my Arse:EXTRAlol:
What happened to those 'lively' Irish girls? :D

Heartfelt and touching post Tim!
Glad to see you are back in the workshop and ready to take up fellow 'Musketeer' duties as soon as we can find an event that's still on :rolleyes: (although off the record, Tim, Jake and I did actually manage an informal meet up two Sunday's ago and ended up at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon - just to show them what real cars look like ;)) Some seriously nice cars in there and we virtually had the place to ourselves, a great day out!

View attachment 40488

Some moons ago I attended Gaydon motor museum with my dad and sister an mother they had a zclub meet down there :) :) Suzy and Chris organised it I think

Huw

Club Member
That’s great news Tim that you are in remission. Really good to hear. It a vile thing Cancer, for my daughter the treatment was horrendous.

Looking forward to seeing your work from that fabulous workshop.

Timely reminder to go check yer pods :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Wonderful news Tim so I'll be expecting you et al and the Z at LMClassic next year (just don't leave it too late to book please ;-) ).

I believe just about every family has been touched by cancer and the best thing is to talk about it which means the sufferer must start the dialogue - hats off to you for 'coming out'. I genuinely believe that to beat something within, we need to let go and exteriorise the subject - keeping it 'bottled-up' with a brave fascemask just feeds the bastard !

Bastard also because a fabulous, older lady friend of our family lost her husband and shortly afterwards developed cancer which despite 'all of the treatments in all of the colours and sizes' gradually spread. She kept us all in fits of laughter via her emails from bed and she called it 'The Bastard'....finally it consumed her (RIP) and her resilience and openess left a great and lasting impression upon me (would I be that brave ?).

So, the rule is : make the most of life, family, friends and get some mileage in mate !

toopy

Club Member
Great news Tim, good to have you back, and I'm anticipating the build thread will be a humorous and engaging read.

As Shaun says, most people are touched by cancer at some point in their lives, either themselves or loved ones/friends.
I lost my dad back in May to the big C, barely 5 months from diagnosis to losing him, which makes the survivor triumphs all the more poignant.

Welcome back sir :D :driving: