More Ebay Resto's

First one - yes. :eek:

Second one - have you noticed when interesting ads like this one pop up, people don't necessarily starting talking about it right away? (It's been up for a day or two). Keeping it under the radar as long as possible? :D Now you've pushed it out into the sunlight via this thread! ;)

Needless to say, it piqued my interest when I saw it yesterday. Kerry is not exactly a fan of me buying two more Zeds though!... :devil:

Did you spot in the photos of the pair of cars that there are two more Zs in the background? A burgundy one outside and a white one tucked in a unit.

Second one - have you noticed when interesting ads like this one pop up, people don't necessarily starting talking about it right away? (It's been up for a day or two). Keeping it under the radar as long as possible? :D Now you've pushed it out into the sunlight via this thread! ;) ............

Did you spot in the photos of the pair of cars that there are two more Zs in the background? A burgundy one outside and a white one tucked in a unit.

Yes Rich I noticed that ad and daren't mention it because I thought you might be interested. IMO it's a pair because the worst car wouldn't fetch much on it's own. The early car might make a decent car but again IMO it's awkward buying 2 cars and paying more than you need to.

If I was interested in buying I'd like a trip down there (Japfest area!) to talk over the whole situation about the other cars too.

Yes Rich I noticed that ad and daren't mention it because I thought you might be interested. IMO it's a pair because the worst car wouldn't fetch much on it's own. The early car might make a decent car but again IMO it's awkward buying 2 cars and paying more than you need to.

If I was interested in buying I'd like a trip down there (Japfest area!) to talk over the whole situation about the other cars too.

Not far from Castle Coombe. Got some interesting vehicles in his yard. Not Z related but I think there's a Humber armoured personnel carrier in the background of one of the pictures.

Yeah, I noticed the APC in the photos.

The issue of a pair wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the inevitable faff I'd have over storage. I'd be found with a kitchen knife between the shoulder blades if I suggested having a rough one under cover on the drive...

I can't see the 2nd one - any photos and details please to keep up with this thread :

"Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

i can't see the 2nd one - any photos and details please to keep up with this thread :

"unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on ebay."

£7495

1) 1970 datsun 240z series 1 lhd very rare.lhd 240 chassis no. Hls30-03305
imported approx 20 years ago. Left in a garage until recently. Datsun dating cert.
shell very good underneath no welding required,chassis legs very good,few dents in the floor.
wings, doors very good (small dent in n/s door ) tailgate very good,has vents missing .couple of small dents in rear panels.
interior all present,rear panels have holes where speakers have been fitted.
engine turns over have never attempted to start ,early rocker cover.

2) 1973 240z rhd,shell and panels in poor condition,v5 present.
potential donor for the 1970 z.dash etc in good condition everything present to convert.
engine turns over have never attempted to start.5 speed gearbox.
some interior parts missing or in poor condition.
both cars to be sold together,will not split.sorry no offers.
we are in wiltshire sn12 postcode area,
steve 07766014017,.
text messages and witheld numbers will be ignored

Attachments

• Z1.JPG
    Z1.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Z2.JPG
    Z2.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Z3.JPG
    Z3.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Z4.JPG
    Z4.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Z5.JPG
    Z5.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Z6.JPG
    Z6.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Z7.JPG
    Z7.JPG
    489.3 KB · Views: 17
Thankyou.

Seems rather a lot for an incomplete and damaged base car and rather tatty 'donor' car.

What would be the plan with them both then ?

A: Its ringing
B: As i'm sure you're aware, a 70 shell and a 73 one are quite different.
C: Try selling that combo as knowledge and prices rise.
so you are saying that anyone who uses a bit that fits from a later car makes that car a ringer

My comment was specifically about the fact that a 1970 and 1973 shell have significant differences. You could still use certain pieces of the 73 to RHD-convert the 70, if you were planning to keep the 70's identity intact. That wouldn't really be a problem at all.

If however you did a full bulkhead swap from the 73 into the 70, VIN number and all, it would scream out at the top of its voice that something a bit naughty had taken place. There's too many variations to make it pass muster to anyone who knows what they are looking at. It's not like trying the same with a 72 and a 73 where you could get away with it. It's just too obvious - like that rally "240Z" that was for sale in Europe a little while ago - with quite obviously the shell of a mid-late 70s 280Z.

My comment was about the fact that a 1970 and 1973 shell have significant differences. You could use certain pieces of the 73 to RHD-convert the 70, if you were planning to keep the 70's identity intact. That wouldn't really be a problem at all.

If however you did a full bulkhead swap from the 73 into the 70, VIN number and all, it would scream out at the top of its voice that something a bit naughty had taken place. There's too many variations to make it pass muster to anyone who knows what they are looking at. It's not like trying the same with a 72 and a 73 where you could get away with it. It's just too obvious - like that rally "240Z" that was for sale in Europe a little while ago - with quite obviously the shell of a mid-late 70s 280Z.
I take that onboad but people need to actually research what a person is using the spare shell for before openly stating it is going to be used as part of a ringer

Back