Dans 240Z

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I finally found a Datsun thats road tax free and has no sunroof! Its in pretty poor condition and needs literally everything doing to it but thats what I wanted. Please look away if you are a pure-ist as this car will be so far from standard... I received the Datsun on the 2nd July 2011. Here is how she looked upon delivery:

DSCF1023.jpg

DSCF1028.jpg

Had the afternoon free today (3rd July) and a friend helped me out strip her and asses what bits we need to order.

Some more pictures:
DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1050.jpg

DSCF1051.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1053.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1060.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyn

Club Member
Looks mint, like a polo mint with a few more ols :D

Be interesting to see it restorized :thumbs:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
There isn't anything not to do - you'll be an expert when it's finished. Not sure where the car stops and the yard begins...:D Welcome to the virus.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Yikes, you have lots of work ahead of you. Keep the pics coming and best of luck with the build!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Thanks for the pictures Dan, to be honest from your description the car is how I imagined it. There is lots of work to get the body sorted and I would concentrate on the 'tub' only first.

I think it best not be tempted to order wings, doors, hatch or any mechanical bits. Just sort the 'tub' and see how you get on. That way you wont tie money up on bits you don't need yet. Also you will have more space to work.

Depending on how that progresses you can then make decisions on body panels and spec of the car and also whether to go for new FG or secondhand steel etc

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Zed-the-red

Well-Known Forum User
Looks familiar.. Lots of brown stuff.. It has taken me 2 years..to get the tub done and mine is now almost ready for paint.. .. dont throw any bits away.. if you are gutting it. see if anyone needs any bits before you bin them.. Good luck

Jazman

Forum User
nice one!! I better post my one up too at some point.. it looks as rusty as yours.. :-(

best of luck mate and like everyone else love the number plate.. Everyone loves an Ard 69 ok..

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Haha they sure do!

The top rails that the wings bolt onto (air tubes) are rough in places but deffinately salvageable!

The engine is ready to pull out, its the original L24 engine from 1971 - numbers matching with the plaque in the engine bay. It should run - wont turn over at the minute but it has been sat since 1983.

If its a running engine and I sell it with the original plaque would it be worth something to someone?

Dan

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
The engine is ready to pull out, its the original L24 engine from 1971 - numbers matching with the plaque in the engine bay. It should run - wont turn over at the minute but it has been sat since 1983.

If its a running engine and I sell it with the original plaque would it be worth something to someone?

The 'plaque' ( Nissan called it a 'Type Plate' / 'Car No Plate' ) has the chassis number ( 'CAR NO' ) stamped into it on the line below the engine number in UK market HS30s.

The 'plaque' belongs with the chassis, not the engine. It isn't transferable. Don't lay yourself open to potential nonsense further down the line. Keep hold of the engine bay plaque even if you dispose of the engine.