Apologies

Dale

Club Member
Not good enough then, eh? I see the surrender monkey has been banned.

A decision that's good for the club? Hmm, I wonder.

Honestly, at times, this site can be massively dull. I'll come on here, and sometimes there hasn't been a post for several hours, and those that have may not be on a subject that I can comment on. It needs people posting. It needs conversations. It needs debate. It needs characters. Getting rid of them?

Give yourselves a pinch, will you.

ZClub.net - Rules & Procedures

Everybody agrees to them by posting on here. This has been done to the death by the committee over the last week. Yes, a whole WEEK of our own time WASTED. Just remember this is a public forum, its not just the usual posters that read the threads. If we hadn't spent the best part of sunday morning cleaning up the crap then you would understand the reasons. Glad to see you're alert though - well spotted :D

ZClub.net - Rules & Procedures

Everybody agrees to them by posting on here. This has been done to the death by the committee over the last week. Yes, a whole WEEK of our own time WASTED. Just remember this is a public forum, its not just the usual posters that read the threads. If we hadn't spent the best part of sunday morning cleaning up the crap then you would understand the reasons. Glad to see you're alert though - well spotted :D

What a cop out! You remind me of a Nazi soldier saying "I was only following orders"!

This place is run and moderated by a load of very sad old men who haven't realised it's time to sail off into the sunset and let people who aren't yet dead from neck down have a go!

This club is dying a very slow painful death which is something Sean and I actually agree on.

Rob

Just because you don't agree with a decision, doesn't give you the right to call people names - and let's remember that these are the people who have given long service to the Club - free of charge.

They are doing something constructive about the situation.

Oh, and no way is the Club 'dying' - just your petulant childish comment because you don't agree.

Hopefully the Website will get back to talking about the Cars again....

What a cop out! You remind me of a Nazi soldier saying "I was only following orders"!

This place is run and moderated by a load of very sad old men who haven't realised it's time to sail off into the sunset and let people who aren't yet dead from neck down have a go!

This club is dying a very slow painful death which is something Sean and I actually agree on.

Rob

LMFAO so vocal without knowing the facts! Who does that remind me of? I can't think!

Sad old man? How old do you think I am? (you sad old man)

This club is dying because of cocky self important folks like yourself thinking that this is the school playground. You intimidate people with your attitude, make people affraid to post...

You want a go? Why the f*ck haven't you put your name forward then? When the time comes you couldn't give a sh1t could you, stood at the back of the room hiding your face!

Step up then big fella. Now is your time to be the people's hero!

I look forward to you putting your name forward at the next AGM

Cheers,

Andy

Just because you don't agree with a decision, doesn't give you the right to call people names - and let's remember that these are the people who have given long service to the Club - free of charge.

They are doing something constructive about the situation.

Oh, and no way is the Club 'dying' - just your petulant childish comment because you don't agree.

Hopefully the Website will get back to talking about the Cars again....

Thank you! Its good to know that some people appreciate the work we put in!

It's going to be a boring month, i still believe things have to be discussed here, i have opened a thread to debate and discuss and its a dead thread by now, you are all so damn scared of stepping on each otheres toes, not many here who dare to speak up.

Tt's not easy to use humor and even harder to use irony in a forum and Sean is trying very hard to be funny.

rebels without a clue
:bow:

As mentioned, this is a car club forum, it used to be a place where you could post without wondering if someone will take offence, get the hump, throw their toys out, or just diss your post for the sake of playing to the crowd, its now got to the point where for every post there are multiple follow ups that are either off topic or destructive to the point people stop reading and wish that the good ole days were back with a tartan blanket and picnic basket in the back of the Z.

Yes ok sometimes it can appear a little restrictive but as mentioned, by posting here you agree to the rules so you either like it or lump it, go on to other forums and often arguments get completely out of hand and moderation comes to late. I wish that sometimes on here admin would be more punishing to people who blatently flaunt the rules

But as Duncan said, these guys (admins, committee members etc) give up many many hours of their free time to do this and all they get is a post slagging them off, questioning every move made, every penny spent and every word spoken (yes its our club and we have a right to question but in a respectfull and enquiring manner....... not "FFS what the F**king F**K is F**king going on FFS"

Despite this continual wall of disrespect and down right ignorance, they still come back tomorrow and give the same amount of committment.

Want to have a go, its bloody hard work dealing with you lot:p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit of a thankless task being anything to do with committee because there are always keyboard critics willing to bash the work you're doing. Many thanks to the guys who know this and stick up for us. It IS a car club at the end of the day and the forum is just an added service tagged on for (hopefully) like-minded bods to share knowledge, experience and traders to supply stuff needed as and when. Banter is always welcomed and encouraged but there are rules to abide by (which are on here and not difficult to find). There are no 'mini-Hitlers' here policing the place to bits, just open minded guys and gals who know where the line should be drawn.

It's a painful job deciding on bans and infractions and how to deal with people who have overstepped the mark. As an ex committee member myself I have seen both sides.

People do not come on Zclub to engage in tit for tat and name calling and a great many people do not want to see it on the public boards.

It is not really to do with "mini Hitlers" it is to do with upholding rules laid out in the constitution that at some point has been agreed by the club members.

If people think the constitution should be discussed with a view to being amended then so be it, discuss. It is your club!

When other members lodge complaints and certain things become problematic for other members and the club as a whole, then the powers that be have to take action. They do not want to take action but they are left with no choice. They get a complaint, look if the rules everyone agreed to have been breached and act within the rules agreed for dealing with it.

It is not over moderation or killing the club, it is just trying to make the place friendly and welcoming for all.

Some people get more offended than others, some folk have a thinner skin whilst on the flip side some people never know when to stop and just carry on, some people try to be funny but fail.

If the committee have carried out an action within the constitution that folk disagree with, then it is not the committee at fault but the rules everyone agreed to when they signed up to the site.

The comittee are damned if they do and damned if they don't. You can please some of the people some of the time....

This wasn't taken lightly guys and I'm not going into detail but we have to have a level of control over the Forum otherwise it gets out of hand.

Rob, calling us sad old men is unfair.

Dale, yes the Forum can be quiet but posting stuff just to cause debate is not the way forward.

This Club and Forum is here to help with the running and enjoyment of our Z cars. It should also encourage people to own these cars, offer advice and guidance to those people and facilitate face to face meetings where we can use and show our cars.

The posts that I removed in the last week did none of that.

Another thing that is apparent to me these days is that some people look to computers and internet forums as a major form of entertainment. The car is almost a secondary thing. I know this will make me seem old but when I was an active member of the Potteries and Newcastle Car Club, we held face to face meetings once a month where we had a good laugh but also discussed the motor sport we had taken part in or were about to. We certainly didn't slag each other off for entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts for what they are worth.

I see car forums as a supporting extension to the club. Owners can post up work done on their cars, ask advice find parts and generally interact. It also allows members to see what is coming up in the real world.

Having got their support, found the parts and got the cars running and looking good then its a matter of getting out to shows and meets and having a good old tyre kicking social get together.

If I didnt manage to get involved with the various events during the year any forum would be a boring place to live.

When meeting people i prefer to put names to faces I have posted with on the forum rather than carry on boring petty disputes so cant be bothered with them.

Rob, calling us sad old men is unfair.

I've not been a member that long but it was a comment born from my observation of the club and the way it is both run and moderated, You don't have to be physically old to be old in mind.

The forum is just so bloody boring, I don't want to get to know most of the membership I'd die of bordom if I went to any of the meets gauging from what I've seen on here.

Rob

I've not been a member that long but it was a comment born from my observation of the club and the way it is both run and moderated, You don't have to be physically old to be old in mind.

The forum is just so bloody boring, I don't want to get to know most of the membership I'd die of bordom if I went to any of the meets gauging from what I've seen on here.

Rob

I can assure you, you wouldn't;)

Old Club, for Old Cars, Old member, becoming Old Men, ( where's my glasses,) many a good tune played on an old fiddle, forgot more than you know, etc etc embrace the old folk of the Z club.

Rob

Rob, you sound like a bored teenager who says there is nothing to do. I have a bloody ball with my Datsun and have as much youthful enthusiasm as anybody when at race meets etc. You have to want to enjoy life to enjoy it.

Back