Biscuits

AD240Z

Club Member
Farleys Rusks were delicious when they were full of sugar, which is bad for babies apparently.

I do love a Gold Bar, and although they’re branded as a biscuit, when does a biscuit become a chocolate bar? Gold Bar = biscuit. Twix = chocolate bar.

Other than, a good ol’ plain digestive with a cup of Yorkshire tea.

Id love it if there was a secret adult rusk eater on here - i used to love them when i was a kid ( think back fondly with a toothless smile )

Digestive biscuits - the missionary sex of baked goods. Barely worth dunking .

AD240Z

Club Member
I'll end this thread here:

41IiHPE8yyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
How do you eat them Paul ?

My wife nibbles the chocolate from around the outside. I can consume 3 or 4 by the time she messed around

richiep

Club Member
Id love it if there was a secret adult rusk eater on here - i used to love them when i was a kid ( think back fondly with a toothless smile )

Digestive biscuits - the missionary sex of baked goods. Barely worth dunking .
I'd love a box of original style Farley's Rusks. God, they were so yummy!

Paul_S

Club Member
How do you eat them Paul ?

My wife nibbles the chocolate from around the outside. I can consume 3 or 4 by the time she messed around
I start in a corner and work my around if I'm teasing, or diagonally across if I'm hungry!

AD240Z

Club Member
Also - im not seeing great support from rich tea eaters here .

Thats because your fingers got damp and now you cant type?

SacCyclone

Club Member
OK OK OK....I get it.

You all love these biscuits thingys.......
Can't believe I never knew about this and missed out on my trips to the UK.

I have now started a file on my cell with pics of the aforementioned brands and will make my purchase at the local M&S on my next visit.

I'm staying away from the "dark art" of biscuit consumption as I'm a newbie and a full page of notes just to consume seems much too advanced for me. I also don't want to fall out of favor with my church.

Last edited:

MCBladeRun

Club Member
I've done it lads, we'll replace the plastic straws with biscuits. In one fell swoop I've solved the biggest problem facing our environment; biscuit shortage.

Paul_S

Club Member
Also - im not seeing great support from rich tea eaters here .

Thats because your fingers got damp and now you cant type?
To be honest, that's my favourite dunker. Too dry on their own but work so well with a cuppa*

The more fancy biscuits are just too fancy to dunk IMHO.

*A bit like how Maltesers work so well with a pint of Newcastle Brown, but that's a different thread...

yellowz

Club Member
I can't believe that no-one has mentioned Garibaldis

1712398347369.png

and when is the next thread going to start on chocolate bars?

1712398415836.png

51mes

Forum User
Yep Garibaldi's have always been dead fly biscuits...

All butter Shortbread is a guilty pleasure, but doesn't dunk well...

My go to biscuit after giving blood (a perfect guilt free opportunity for biscuit consumption) however is the orange club. The choice is becoming more limited of late, hot drinks are no longer offered & the biscuits are more traditional ginger nuts, shorties, custard creams & bourbons.

Sod chocolate bars - where do you stand in the matter of cake.. fruited or non... That will sort the men from the boys!

AshTheScaff

Club Member
Give me a foxes cream any day of the week 🤪

Hobnobs are ok, but after three or four full biscuit dunks I’m shaking more than a sh**ing dog 😂

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Yep Garibaldi's have always been dead fly biscuits...

All butter Shortbread is a guilty pleasure, but doesn't dunk well...

My go to biscuit after giving blood (a perfect guilt free opportunity for biscuit consumption) however is the orange club. The choice is becoming more limited of late, hot drinks are no longer offered & the biscuits are more traditional ginger nuts, shorties, custard creams & bourbons.

Sod chocolate bars - where do you stand in the matter of cake.. fruited or non... That will sort the men from the boys!
Ah, so is a Jaffa Cake a cake or a biscuit?