Biscuits

AD240Z

Club Member
Chocolate hobnobs ( even lidls equivalent ) - the king of biscuits . I suspect a thread could be born based on that statement .

SacCyclone

Club Member
What are these HobNobs you talk of????

I had to google it and found I can get them off US Amazon.....little pricey for a biscuit but if you chaps are going on they must be fantastic.

MCBladeRun

Club Member

I had to google it and found I can get them off US Amazon.....little pricey for a biscuit but if you chaps are going on they must be fantastic.
A Welshman introduced me to Lotus Biscoff biscuits and a product called "Biscoff Cream". They're like Oreo's but that flavour is something else.

And I thought my 240z hobby was a problem, financially 😂

Robotsan

Club Member

I'm going to say it .. but they're overrated! They're like a rusk you give babies but with chocolate on. There I said it! Bring on the hate.

Having said that, they're better than Oreos.

Biscoffs are indeed the best of that particular like up.

My current king of biscuits are Pick Ups. Bit of a leftfield choice but there you go..

51mes

Forum User
Never had pickups, but have had and enjoyed the plain chocolate (and to a lesser extent) the topless 😁ones that bhalsen do..

Biscoff is a thing, and has escaped the biscuit world, spreads, ice-cream you name it...

The oaty honey goodness of a hobnob, with or without chocolate is a lovely thing. Not at all like the rusks we give our babies (Farley's).

Love of baked goods is a wide church, you will find no hate here, just ever increasing temptation...🙊🙉🙈

Robotsan

Club Member
Never had pickups, but have had and enjoyed the plain chocolate (and to a lesser extent) the topless 😁ones that bhalsen do..

Biscoff is a thing, and has escaped the biscuit world, spreads, ice-cream you name it...

The oaty honey goodness of a hobnob, with or without chocolate is a lovely thing. Not at all like the rusks we give our babies (Farley's).

Love of baked goods is a wide church, you will find no hate here, just ever increasing temptation...🙊🙉🙈

Pickups are basically a Bahlsen sandwich. I'd say it's the thickest bit of chocolate in a biscuit in the western world at the time of writing. Which probably means I shouldn't eat one every single day with a brew, but here we are.

Paul_S

Club Member
I'll end this thread here:

41IiHPE8yyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Robotsan

Club Member
Right, this requires some investigation...

They were a client of mine a few years ago, and we ended up with approx. 3000 packets of them in the office which was dangerous.. but they knew what they were doing.. everyone got addicted to the buggers!

Dale

Club Member
Farleys Rusks were delicious when they were full of sugar, which is bad for babies apparently.

I do love a Gold Bar, and although they’re branded as a biscuit, when does a biscuit become a chocolate bar? Gold Bar = biscuit. Twix = chocolate bar.

Other than, a good ol’ plain digestive with a cup of Yorkshire tea.