Robotsan
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Robotsan
      Robotsan reacted to DPT's post in the thread Electronic ignition, which one?? with Like Like.
      Paid £92.57 in total including VAT and express delivery from China. Distributor arrived last Tuesday morning, so 7 days after ordering...
    • Robotsan
      Robotsan replied to the thread Best way to refurb sump pan?.
      Thanks @Makesy. I've never dared go this far into a car before, and I am shitting myself tbh! But I have great guidance from @Larby, who...
    • Robotsan
      Robotsan reacted to Makesy's post in the thread Best way to refurb sump pan? with Like Like.
      Admiring your tenacity with this @Robotsan ! When I got my first Z I had no idea about cars save for the odd oil change. Terrified of...
    • Robotsan
      Sorry.. it's spreading! Well apparently I can just put new bearings on and it should be fine for a few more years.. as long as I don't...
    • Robotsan
      Exactly 😂 Would've probably be fine for years right.. but now I've looked! I've run my fingernail over them and I don't feel any...
    • Robotsan
      Robotsan reacted to jonbills's post in the thread Best way to refurb sump pan? with Haha Haha.
      Thats the problem with looking 😃 The more important thing is whether there's any scoring on the journals. What do they look like?
    • Robotsan
      Yup, will have to now I've seen these.
    • Robotsan
      Looks like I need new bearings. Fuckety fuck. At least the crank looks and feels smooth! I was planning an engine rebuild in the...
    • Robotsan
      First big end bearing out. Seems more evenly scored across the face, but they're not as deep as the 2 lines on the first bearing.
      • 1000043515.jpg
    • Robotsan
      Got first bearing shell out (cylinder 6). Looks quite worn, and badly scored on the 2 edges doesn't it :( I can certainly feel them...
      • 1000043480.jpg
    • Robotsan
      Really? Even from UK dealerships? I don't suppose you ever found the part number did you?
    • Robotsan
      Tap worked! Was hard going though. Thanks Jon.
    • Robotsan
      Yeah could be that. I've tried several M8 bolts now and neither want to go in. I'll try a tap.
    • Robotsan
      In this video the guy says you use a long bolt "from the front cover" in the centre and end caps, to give leverage for pulling them out...
      • 1000043470.jpg
    • Robotsan
      Hmm. Torqen say the pieces I bought are Nissan OE. But they didn't come in nissan branded bags now I think of it 🤔 So I'll put RTV in...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…