What would you choose?

Herc34es

Well-Known Forum User
Hello :D Hope you are all well!

Random question: IF the Z cars never existed, wiped out from memory then which Classic would you attempt to go for?

Volvo 1800 would be my choice.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Toyota Celica TA22 GT (and then tinker with it ;) )

but a Nissan (sorry, some are happy to have it called a Datsun) C110, S20 powered would be a close call.

richiep

Club Member
Ra25 Celica Liftback. So, managed to cross that one off then!

C10 Hakosuka Skyline - 2-door HT version. Actually would prefer a KGC10 non-GTR as I’d feel less pressure to retain its originality.

johnymd

Club Member
I do like a few other classic but only as additional cars to go with a 240z. For me, I really can’t think of another car that compares with it. For me, it’s not just the gorgeous, t in me less looks but the superb performance, reliability and handling they have that can be made even better with very minor improvements. Now tell me an alternative that has all this.

I love both the celica and p1800 but neither are replacements. I’ve just bought a p1800 but that’s as a Dailey driver with practicality and comfort to go with the quirky looks.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
RIDDLER on here sold his 260Z and bought a Rover 3.5 P6 and then this P1800 which he still has. He loves it. 20181003_122952.jpg

Reactions: Huw

Bazzateer

Club Member
For Japanese a mid 70s Colt Galant GTO/GSR.
Others: Early HS Chevette
C Type Jag
1960 Ferrari 250GT SWB.

Pondo

Club Member
Just as a fun project car Alfa gt junior or a Volvo Amazon.......there are many others but like Jonny says not quite the same as a Datsun.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Apart from a PS30 Fairlady Z 432 or - preferably - a PS30-SB Fairlady Z 432-R (both of which are not 240Zs), a cast of thousands (obviously). But a few that come to mind:

Abarth 205 Vignale Berlinetta.
JHB 434 from 2LBT (if you know, you know).
The AC98 Coupe, BPH 4B.

Attachments

• BPH 4B the AC98 Coupe.jpg
    BPH 4B the AC98 Coupe.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 29
  • JHB 434.jpg
    JHB 434.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Abarth-205-Vignale-Berlinetta.jpg
    Abarth-205-Vignale-Berlinetta.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 29

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
A late 60s / early 70s 911 probably but they were already well out of the affordable range!

uk66fastback

Club Member
I do like a few other classic but only as additional cars to go with a 240z. For me, I really can’t think of another car that compares with it. For me, it’s not just the gorgeous, t in me less looks but the superb performance, reliability and handling they have that can be made even better with very minor improvements. Now tell me an alternative that has all this.

Porsche 944 and the S2 one, even better. Different cars from a different era, I know, but you did ask!

I’m tempted by a 928 one day. I’d have a P6 Rover, a Triumph 2.5 pi estate or something equally mundane like a landcrab, just for the craic. Maybe a DS Citroen as well … so nothing fancy or unaffordable!

johnymd

Club Member
I also still love my boxster and it was great value at under £6k. I have been considering replacing it with a newer model but this makes a great practical dailey you can use everyday.

Attachments

• IMG_6055.JPG
    IMG_6055.JPG
    395.4 KB · Views: 25

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Ford Capri was my alternate choice to the Datsun personally, rarer and rustier than your common LHD USA Datsun imo.