Going to order on of these .

Davidsw

Club Member
Unless some one says ethier way or negative experiences . That’s Australian dollars Im kinda hoping .

Attachments

• IMG_2574.png
    IMG_2574.png
    927.2 KB · Views: 88

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Isn't that just a retrosound unit with a custom faceplate?

uk66fastback

Club Member
Have you an original radio? You can get them gutted and filled with modern internals and even DAB I think for not too much money nowadays …

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
There is no way I would pay megga bucks for a radio, especially in an S30. I have no interest in them. However some people have music playing all day e.g. builders. How many hours will you spend in your car listening to the radio?
Buy a 'pocket' to fit in the gap and spend the money on fuel.

Obviously just MY opinion, but intended to make you think twice.

Geoff-R

Club Member
I'm in the camp of would I even listen to it. I haven't got my Z on the road yet but with my other car I don't even listen to the radio, it was an optional extra after all and it's not worth the space. The engine is the music. As for my daily, which is an EV, it's all about having a decent sound system in it!

MCBladeRun

Club Member
I'm content with the engine noise also. However, I think the car originally had a sound system and I'd like to do it justice by putting something in at least half decent by today's standards.

I guess those that put sound deadening on their cars can still hear engine noise without road noise?

uk66fastback

Club Member
I fitted an up-to-date ‘Mustang’ stereo in the fastback when it was rebuilt but I’m not sure you could hear it above the drone of the exhaust, so I never had it on. The exhaust drone was one if the reasons I sold the car btw. My 240 has the original stereo in it still but it’s hard to get any music out of it … even with the aerial up.

Dale

Club Member
For me I’d not be able to hear any music anyway. Even on long trips I just don’t miss it as there’s so much other stimulation going on. Windows down and right foot at every opportunity! :coolgleam:

Tarnish7

Club Member
Unless some one says ethier way or negative experiences . That’s Australian dollars Im kinda hoping .
Please let me know how you go if you order one. I ordered one at the beinning of this year, have chased them regularly ever since and still have received nothing. Borderline scam, I suspect.

Ian

Club Member
I rarely use the radio in either of my fun cars, but its nice to have on longer road trips on the motorway, not much of a GT car if you can't relax and listen to some music while on the motorway for a few hours. In my Civic however I have to resort to active noise cancelling headphones for longer trips, they have changed how usable the car is as I now don't mind a few hours on the motorway, lot less tiring.

Pondo

Club Member
I rarely use the radio in either of my fun cars, but its nice to have on longer road trips on the motorway, not much of a GT car if you can't relax and listen to some music while on the motorway for a few hours. In my Civic however I have to resort to active noise cancelling headphones for longer trips, they have changed how usable the car is as I now don't mind a few hours on the motorway, lot less tiring.
I use noise cancelling in my Datsun on long drives, I can play music and still hear the car fine.

arcdef

Club Member
Just to put it out there but similar to others I rarely use the radio unless cruising on the motorway and refused to spend big money on one of these so thought I'd try this at £13. Honestly been very impressed, looks retro enough, sounds good enough and Bluetooth works flawlessly.

Worth considering

Robotsan

Club Member
Just to put it out there but similar to others I rarely use the radio unless cruising on the motorway and refused to spend big money on one of these so thought I'd try this at £13. Honestly been very impressed, looks retro enough, sounds good enough and Bluetooth works flawlessly.

Worth considering

Incredible that they can knock out something functional like that for £13 retail price these days. You'd struggle to get 2 pints of a nice IPA in London for that now.

Some belting Engrish in that ad too to boot! :)

Jason McIvor

Club Member
Just to make things a little more complicated
I recently tried to recreate the original face plate from the 240z (see pic)
I'm working on a way to make it fit a crap stereo I got from ebay - Bluetooth etc

IMG-20230529-WA0007.jpg
I could take the dimensions of any radio front and modify the design - kinda realistic 🤷‍♂️

arcdef

Club Member
Incredible that they can knock out something functional like that for £13 retail price these days. You'd struggle to get 2 pints of a nice IPA in London for that now.

Some belting Engrish in that ad too to boot! :)
It is remarkably cheap. I was sceptical but it's been over 2 years and still working fine!