FRP Datsun/Zedfest

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
Hello everyone, I'm Craig from FRP Auto.
Thanks for the invite to Zedfest We had a great time. Sorry we we're late getting down on the Saturday as we seem to have missed seeing most of you. Had a good chat with Ben240z and his partner and a chap I think is 'Moggy' who we're v.friendly. Loved seeing all the cars on the Sunday ( especially my 4 year old son ) Sorry to have missed Rob Gaskin but will catch up soon I hope.
Anyway We had the bright idea of fitting the new subframe a couple of days before the show which in hindsight wasn't the best thought out plan (see pic of Thursday night before the show!) We managed to get the car on it's wheels so at least we we're there I suppose. I would like to join the club if the anti-frp members have no objection and if there would be any interest I would like to post comments and pictures of the build from now through to MOT day.
I have a full set of poly suspension bushes to fit so once they are in I can post pictures of the build to show how it all goes together.
This is not part of my main business so I am not trying to attract income from the Zclub but any helpfull comments would be most appreciative to help me with my project with the ins and outs of the car.
PS Ben 240z . Read about your prang If I can help let me know.Mates rates.

Attachments

• zfest 005.jpg
    zfest 005.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
Looking forward to following on the progress, and welcome to the club.

Always nice to see a new company accomodating for our hobby and cars. :thumbs:

PS Ben 240z . Read about your prang If I can help let me know.Mates rates.

Very kind offer and if there was not such a big lump of country between us I would take you up on it. Luckily I have the moulds for the car so it is just a case of buying materials. What could you do fibreglass cloth for /M?

Cheers Ben

Hi Craig, glad you made it ok and hope you enjoyed your extra days in Notts. I had a nice chat with your Mrs whilst you were snoring away on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully we'll both have more time at the next Zed Fest but keep us informed of your progress, you will find even the most ardent anti-frp-ist will be willing to help you with any problems. Rob will be along to sort out your membership.

it was great having a chat with you ,let me know when have got a front scuttle panel available and a price for a race bonnet in CF and GRP ,no rush as the car is not going any where for at least a year and will you be doing any rear tail light panels for 240Z .

Just seen this and I've already replied to an email earlier re Membership so hopefully we will get you 'in red' on the Forum before long. :thumbs:

I'm very interested in your project Craig so keep the updates coming, I'll be looking for a GRP tail gate at some point in the future if you have them available, My steel one is just nasty lol.

Rob

Hey mate, welcome to the club! Whether or not people's tastes / beliefs extend to plastic panels, it was a fab thing to have at the show and a good indication of where it was going with respect to the re-engineering of a 40 year-old car in a different medium. Good times!

Cool to have you on board.

So tell me, are you gonna be doing Z31 shells/panels soon please?

Mine's gonna fall apart shortly. :)

Ah, I see you're based in the Toon?! Excellent :thumbs:

Well I might as well volunteer myself as test-driver for the new Zclub track car then! :D ;)

Hi Dale, I live in a small village called Allenheads with a workshop in the village where my car is.
When I get a bit further on with my build you are welcome to come and have a butchers.(great roads!)

Does anybody know the weight of a standard 73 240 bodyshell?

So a basic bare shell no bolt-on panels, glass, dashboard etc

Back