£70k gto replica wheelbarrow on ebay

AD240Z

Club Member

A lot of money and those exhausts !!!!

gto wheelbarrow.jpg

Im guessing thats this one that has been reduced by £20k

I find it mad they can ask that much money and not be bothered to present the car properly, the pictures are terrible, the car looks dirty and the written advert is lazy. Where does this truly sit in the market in terms of values? The issue is that it's always going to be a replica and not even one based on a Ferrari platform.

I find it mad they can ask that much money and not be bothered to present the car properly, the pictures are terrible, the car looks dirty and the written advert is lazy. Where does this truly sit in the market in terms of values? The issue is that it's always going to be a replica and not even one based on a Ferrari platform.

I dont really get the attraction of these 'replicas'. At the end of the day you are sat in a Datsun and having the driving experience of a Datsun- while trying to give the impression to those outside you are in a Ferrari. Its not for me .

The Z is a beautiful car its own right - and stands proud easthetically and mechanically .

If you want people to think you drive / own a 250 gto - pay someone £30 to photoshop a picture of one on the drive of your mock tudor mansion and post it all over social media .

Use some of the £69 920 you saved, to buy a decent z - and spend the rest on fuel - enjoying driving it.

It must be a similar experience to false 'boobs'. Seriously.

That made me laugh.

Agreed, it's not like the Datsun is a pig of a car to start with, it's a great looking car and has an identity all of it's own. It does seem incredibly wrong to modify it in such a way. Each to their own I suppose but it's not for me.

That made me laugh.

Agreed, it's not like the Datsun is a pig of a car to start with, it's a great looking car and has an identity all of it's own. It does seem incredibly wrong to modify it in such a way. Each to their own I suppose but it's not for me.
I was looking at a lovely GT40 replica at a show recently. Marvellous car in it's own right but it was a copy. Not only that but it had a Rover V8 engine (modified and 4.6 litres) so he was explaining to me that it should really have a Ford engine. He must tell everyone that but why?

If it's treated as a fantastic sports car built in the old style i.e. chassis and body (not like a GT40 monocoque) it's a great car. If he's kidding himself it's a GT40 then he's wrong. I have a mate who's building a D Type 'replica'. Nothing is D Type except the shape - in fact it's more XJ6 than D Type.

These GTOs are different again because they are actually a Datsun covered in fibreglass. You have a Datsun tbh.

If you look at pictures of a genuine GTO and compare with these bodies the genuine car is less bulky and the door sleeker.

It's more like tribute bands. Me and my mate were obsessed with Led Zeppelin when we were 17 (and still love them tbh), so we went to see a led zep tribute band. Seeing 4 pudgy middle aged men from Wakefield with bad wigs, crammed into tiny skinny jeans, crucifying those amazing songs was a whole lotta disappointing. Almost put me off the real thing for a while.

There's no point in trying to copy something great, because it will never, ever live up to it.

It's more like tribute bands. Me and my mate were obsessed with Led Zeppelin when we were 17 (and still love them tbh), so we went to see a led zep tribute band. Seeing 4 pudgy middle aged men from Wakefield with bad wigs, crammed into tiny skinny jeans, crucifying those amazing songs was a whole lotta disappointing. Almost put me off the real thing for a while.

There's no point in trying to copy something great, because it will never, ever live up to it.
And then there are those cover bands that do a spin on a song that makes you appreciate the cover band and the original song even more.

Mate of mine did a rock cover of White Lines. Was something special.

We were discussing this at Goodwood - why is it OK to have replicas of many other cars such as Cobras or say a D-type Jag, but you aren’t allowed to do a replica Ferrari? N fact any acceptable replicas that anyone else would care to mention?

I always find that strange. Having said that I’m in that camp that thinks a replica Ferrari is just wrong, especially a GTO replica without a V12! :D

We were discussing this at Goodwood - why is it OK to have replicas of many other cars such as Cobras or say a D-type Jag, but you aren’t allowed to do a replica Ferrari? N fact any acceptable replicas that anyone else would care to mention?

I always find that strange. Having said that I’m in that camp that thinks a replica Ferrari is just wrong, especially a GTO replica without a V12! :D
Could do a replica

could do a replica samuri on a s30 body shell 🤔🤓

I think the thing thats unattractive is the wankering of one decent car (a Z, an Mr2 etc) to make a not convincing copy of a rare car.
The d type and cobra replicas are ground up replicas, which somehow feels OK to me.
Thoroughly enjoying the use of the term wankering .

It doesn’t have to be a decent car for me. I get what you mean .

Some of the gt40/ cobra / other replicas have well made chassis specific to the car ( possibly based on or an improvement on the original ). I can live with that too. They probably have their own individual characteristics.

There are some fairly extreme examples here - but I think it demonstrates a point

Where's a moderator when you need one kids!? :p

@AD240Z - LOVE that link!!! Too many to laugh at to choose my favourite.

could do a replica samuri on a s30 body shell 🤔🤓

Couldn't stop laughing at the utter genius of that statement!! :D

Strangely, about 15 years ago, there was a Dino recreation in kit form that I would seriously have considered building if I had a garage at the time. It was ground up based on the Dino with identical body panels etc and had that raucous Alfa 3.0 V6 in the middle of it - and to give it genuine Italian reliability! But my now wife, then girlfriend, told me she would leave me if I drive a replica! :p The company has since wound up and lots of people are making similar (but not the same) with Ford 2.0 lumps.

I guess thinking about it, is it that a replica is an imitation based on another car's chassis and a re-creation is a ground up new build?

It doesn’t have to be a decent car for me. I get what you mean .

Some of the gt40/ cobra / other replicas have well made chassis specific to the car ( possibly based on or an improvement on the original ). I can live with that too. They probably have their own individual characteristics.

There are some fairly extreme examples here - but I think it demonstrates a point

Aw the little Japanese Impreza Kei car is cute! I think that one is allowed because it's pretty much the normal Kei car with the Scooby STI livery on :)

Having built one and then selling it. At the time had it up for sale for about 15k but you could get a Ferrari 308 for about 16k which was about the cheapest one you could get at time.
For 69k you could get a real Ferrari had have plenty of choice.

Back