Zed Fest 2013

Arkwright

Inactive
db0773a1f1bf7160b0aa0a69fdbc59b8_zps50b04b9d.jpg

9th-11th August 2013

Once again I am pleased to announce that the above event will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday,9, 10,11 August 2013. Please note that the date has been brought further forward to avoid the clash with JAE.

For those of you who are new to Sherbrooke there are 22 acres of grassland plus a five acre wood.. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, wash basins and showers. There is a modern barn and social centre with outside patio area and picnic benches. Oil drum BBQ’s are freely available.

We will have excellent catering on site. All main meals plus snacks will be available at reasonable cost between 8am and 10pm. There will not be a bar this year. You are encouraged to provide your own drinks (we do request that you try to avoid glass bottles). We will hold an inter club sports competition with some “easy” motoring related sports. Your cars will be on show for the whole event and judging will be held on Sunday lunchtime followed by prizegiving. Fancy dress on Saturday night is optional.

Background music for the entire event will be provided by our very own DJZ complete with lazer and smoke show. There will be dancing on Friday and Saturday nights.

There will be an entry fee charged of £15 per person for the event. You can pay at the gate. Camping will be £2.50 per person per night. Caravans & mobile homes admitted at extra charge ( hook-ups are now available). Small children and pets free. Local hotels and B&B’s are available but you are requested to make your own arrangements. Please be aware that the main paddock where you will park up and pitch your tents will be a ‘quiet area’ All gazebos etc for evening gatherings should be set up in the central paddock to avoid undue noise and disturbance.

TRADERS; All club traders are invited to attend. You can set up your own display, big or small for a donation of £20 for the whole event. Come and meet your customers in a friendly convivial atmosphere. It’s good to see the voice on the phone or the finger on the keyboard. If you don’t want to set up a display a gazebo and a banner will suffice just come along and show your customers who you are.

Free car booting for non traders to get rid of those useful parts you no longer need.

Once again I will need the help of volunteers to assist with the smooth running. It is always good to see new faces helping out.

There is still much to plan and new ideas are always welcome. Please mark these dates on your calendar, this will be a weekend to remember. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.

For those of you who don’t want to make a full weekend of it but would like to enter the car show on Sunday the entry fee will be £5. Hot food and drinks or soft drinks will be available from 8am. Cars will be judged from 11am

All enquiries to me, “Arkwright” email: shop@zclub.net

Pease post all comments on the following thread http://zclub.net/forum/shows-meets-uk/22920-zed-fest-2013-a.html

Last edited by a moderator:

liscott707

New Forum User
I'll be there, dunno if ill have others with me most of my friends still think I'm weird with how much time
I spend on my car's lol :)

maverick300zx

Active Forum User
hi there i will be there as always ill be up friday afternoon this year due to will have to work am and hopefully the car will be ready

candy red

Club Member
Cant make the whole weekend, but would like to show my car on the sunday is it pay on the gate or are there passes sent out via club hope this will be ok look forward to meeting other members :thumbs:

Derrick :)

JK240

Club Member
Hi Derek,

I would love to be able to support you after all your help at Donington, but as every year we are in France that weekend, sorry.

JK

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
What's the deal on caravans and electric hook ups?
The dog will tear through the tent in seconds so only option is to kennel or caravan it!
Cheers!

Arkwright

Inactive
caravan rates are the same as tents I believe. £2.50 per person per night plus electric. I think last year they asked for a donation of £5 for the weekend for electric per van which is good.

If you need electric your van will be parked in a different part of the site to facilitate the hook up.

Arkwright

Inactive
Zed – Fest 2013-07-22

If you intend coming this year can you please indicate which days you will be there:

Forum name Friday, Saturday Sunday

Arkwright Fri Sat Sun

martinmac

Inactive
Also worth a mention, if anyone is strapped for space and needs some supplies of the liquid sort bringing I should have space in my car.

maverick300zx

Active Forum User
Hi every one I now have to work Friday night so I will be there Saturday morning early so hope the kettle is on lol

Arkwright

Inactive
Please note: If you are coming Friday there will be no food available on site. There are several takeaways available in Calverton about 2 miles away. Drinks will be available.

On Saturday bacon rolls and sandwiches, will be available in the morning only hot and cold drinks all day..

Sunday food and drinks will be available all day.