Vehicle ID ( 260z) for sale on ebay - VIN /reg/v5

richiep

Club Member
Naughty. Very naughty. And also failing to address that Zs have the VIN stamped into the bulkhead.

Dale

Club Member
I saw the listing earlier today and all the blanked out details weren’t. I meant to make a note but got sidetracked.

Paul_S

Club Member
Yep, here it is --> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Datsun-2...-and-metal-number-plate-280z-240/293654079393

s-l1600.jpg

Judging by the name on the V5 and the eBay sellers name I would guess it's the same person.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
While it is not illegal to sell as “memorabilia” it is illegal to retain the v5 after scrapping the vehicle. So whichever way you dress it, the seller has broken the law.

Dale

Club Member
This one is a different seller and a different car, the first was a /2. In fact this chap is known in the club by some; I just bought some lovely reupholstered seats from him a few weeks ago.

Dale

Club Member
There a 260 shell for sale on eBay just two numbers earlier than this one. No relevance, just interesting I thought.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Yes. I was thinking I couldn't see the harm in it, but I suppose he knows the only buyer is going to be someone making a ringer, and the only motivation for doing that is defrauding someone in the classic car community.
it's taken me a while to catch up [emoji3]