Goblin Works Z for sale

richiep

Club Member
Have you seen the episode in question? If so, you wouldn’t touch the car with a barge pole! It suffers from a serious case of the uglies and was lacking in assorted areas. The show was a painful exercise...

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
For sale Datsun 280z message me for more details car has just passed mot now weighting for car to have number issued this car is In top condition !!!!

The attention to advert detail should warn you.

Ped

Club Member
This is what they were trying to achieve... but didn't:

Rich-Madlangbayans-gulf-240z-280YZ-front-2.jpg

https://www.ztrix.com/280yz-kits/madlangbayan-280yz.html

Must say I am not a fan of the TV show, they all follow a predictable pattern. I preferred the Teasmade :jester:

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Have you seen the episode in question? If so, you wouldn’t touch the car with a barge pole! It suffers from a serious case of the uglies and was lacking in assorted areas. The show was a painful exercise...
I’ve watched it and like most of the episodes I end up shouting at the television. I’ve posted here for sport really :EXTRAlol:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
As when they first tried to sell it on ebay......
Lacking information......... No specs or numbers for the engine build.

richiep

Club Member
Someone has bought the shell and turning it back to stock body. I saw the new owner asking for a RHD pedal box the other day on the faceballs pages.
I spotted that too - remnants of the Gulf-style paint job still visible on the shell, with new front wings and reworked rear arches. The new owner has definitely made the right choice!

Huw

Club Member
Is that really the Goblin works car? I mean it sold for well over £100k in the end ( if you believe what you read on Facebook) So would a £100k car be stripped down in some crappy backstreet garage as in the eBay advert? Plus, like it or not the car is probably worth more as is as it’s been on telly, even if it is awful.

Also, during the programme ( which was bloody painful to watch) the car under the hideous body panels was not the rot box that the car in the eBay advert looks to be. It’s also missing the roll cage. This just doesn’t ring true to me.

But I’m not that bothered to be honest. It’s just good to see a Z having all that body crap taken off of it and put back to original.

Last edited:

Paul_S

Club Member
I see what you're saying. It seems to me that it is the actual kit, but they've placed it on a different (rusty) shell to show it off.

Huw

Club Member
Could be I guess. But why would someone pay over £100k for a 280z with hideous body panels THEN take them off and spend yet more to put it right. Why not just buy a decent 280z and save a shed load of cash to start with?? More money than sense?