'G-nose' $30k

Am I right in saying that the car in the pictures is not the car for sale?

I know I'm getting on a bit and I find the advert confusing, so the sale is basically a rolling shell and components?

What's a beaver tail in relation to a car?

Am I right in saying that the car in the pictures is not the car for sale?

I know I'm getting on a bit and I find the advert confusing, so the sale is basically a rolling shell and components?

What's a beaver tail in relation to a car?

I think that was the car before the engine was removed leaving it a rolling shell and turbo (?) engine out, ready to install.

Sorm form of whale-tail rear spoiler ?

I think this guy also has a Rebello-stroked Skyline C10.

I love the look of a G-Nose, and the colour looks great too, although looks completely different in each of the 2 pictures...?

Probably been asked and answered before, but why is it called a G- Nose anyone..??

Probably been asked and answered before, but why is it called a G- Nose anyone..??

Factory name for it was 'Grande Nose', and the model designation was 'HS30-H Fairlady 240ZG'. Also known internally by Nissan as the 'Aerodyna Nose'.

Paul_S said:
And do they suffer with cooling issues?

No more so than the short nose in most similar situations, although in Japan's very hot summers they could struggle a bit with fuel percolation when air con on full and in heavy slow-moving traffic...

Factory name for it was 'Grande Nose', and the model designation was 'HS30-H Fairlady 240ZG'. Also known internally by Nissan as the 'Aerodyna Nose'.

Thank you, I knew of the ZG derivitive, just never what the G actually stood for. Now I do :)

I love the look of a G-Nose, and the colour looks great too, although looks completely different in each of the 2 pictures...?

Pastel colours will often change colour under different light conditions and look very different

No more so than the short nose in most similar situations, although in Japan's very hot summers they could struggle a bit with fuel percolation when air con on full and in heavy slow-moving traffic...

Can we get technical please - I believed that the whole point of the G-nose was to IMPROVE engine cooling.....?:confused: And that's why it was homologated for racing - not just more aerodynamic.

Not sure about the colour... reminds me of egg-shell blue painted NHS doors found in GPs surgeries of the 60s & 70s. But a nice looking car otherwise. :D

...and who said the 'short nose' had a problem with cooling in race configuration.

Factory spent a lot of time reducing cooling effect on factory race cars...

Can we get technical please - I believed that the whole point of the G-nose was to IMPROVE engine cooling.....?:confused: And that's why it was homologated for racing - not just more aerodynamic.

It was aerodynamics I think, to improve high speed stuff. Helped prevent front end lift.

From what I don't know, the car didn't hit target drag factors, with the nose it exceeded them. Helping to hit target speeds etc.

I'm probably wrong!

It's interesting how many people misunderstand what the HS30-H model was for, and what it allowed Nissan to do.

Like all homologation specials, it was sold to the general public with the specific intention of legalising parts for race use. In doing so, it allowed the factory - and privateers should they be so blessed/connected/wealthy - to use parts that were extensions of, and attached to, the homologated parts. Those homologated parts also allowed evolutions and extensions to be based upon them...

Nissan's showroom model HS30-H was never sold with an airdam/front spoiler, but the Grande Nose was designed to be used in competition with exactly that. If you're looking solely at the road cars, you'll never understand the race cars.

Back