FFA at Festival of Speed

JK240

Club Member
According to an article in the July edition of Classic Cars, Super Samuri FFA 196L is to go under the hammer at Bonham's Goodwood Festival of Speed Sale on the 1st of July with an estimate of £50,000 to £70,000

Anyone fancy a bid...:D

There is another very nice car for sale at the moment which is also well out of my price range, but if I had enough money

datsun 240z aluminium race car in Kent For Sale (1971) on Car And Classic UK

Inexpensive yes.....but also expensive for a simple track-day car unless there is another application that I don't know of ?

This car was built by the team that reconstructed Big Sam and in fact, to a higher specification. REALLY ?

Considering what many of us have spent on our cars, its good value, its well executed and the spec is terrific, lets hope it goes to a good home and comes out once in a while.

Echoing what Steve said, I wonder if the owner of this is thinking of letting the other two go as well.

You looking for a bit of head then ?

I've always loved the green one but the red one DOES have that rare bit.....hummm ?

Sorry Sean your comment confuses me what on Planet earth are you on about Is there something I should know

The Cars are somewhat Notorious
Red/green hmm, the colours are a little Union of the snake for my liking although with a New moon on monday then they may look a little different
To me the cars are definitely a little feminine and we have occasionally seen the Girls on film, If I was to "name" the cars then without doubt the red car, Her name is Rio.
As for the race car, I love it, however I would have done it My own way in fact it makes me Hungry like the wolf to see it but hey it would need a Chauffeur as its a little Wild boys and would need The Reflex's of a superhero to drive it, if you lost it then you certainly would give people a View to a kill...and you would most certainly have to Save a prayer before getting in.

Last edited by a moderator:
JK240 said:

How long have you been a member ?

OK
Lets consider lots of Duran Duran songs with the surname Taylor shall we

No one ever read back issues of the Z club magazine (which featured certain Fourways cars) clearly not

OK from the begining
Once upon a time in the 80's there was big hair, shoulder pads and a "pop" group called Duran Duran, aside from Simon Le Bon, there was considerable influence from the Taylor family.....one of them managed the group

The manager commisioned Fourways to build three cars, one candy apple red, one green and this race car.

They have sat in storage for many years and now it looks like at least one is for sale

How long have you been a member ?

Since October 2009...

OK
Lets consider lots of Duran Duran songs with the surname Taylor shall we

No one ever read back issues of the Z club magazine (which featured certain Fourways cars) clearly not

OK from the begining
Once upon a time in the 80's there was big hair, shoulder pads and a "pop" group called Duran Duran, aside from Simon Le Bon, there was considerable influence from the Taylor family.....one of them managed the group

The manager commisioned Fourways to build three cars, one candy apple red, one green and this race car.

They have sat in storage for many years and now it looks like at least one is for sale

Thanks for the explanation...sorry for not knowing everything there is to know...:bow: I am not Sean ya know!! ;)

And anyway I always thought Perry Haines and the Berrow brothers where Duran Durans Management in the early days....or is that just one of my Careless Memories...:D

So who owned the cars then...?

Taylor 'family'?

None of the band members were related. Was the manager one of their dads or something?

I think this thread's title needs changing, or the only post on topic deleted! :rofl:

The last time I met up with Nico he had arranged an entry in one of the London auction houses but it did not happen at the time.Where is he now? Is he still the owner?

On the other thread note I remember "James Taylor" at the Silverstone 21st Anniversary day and the talk was always of a connection to Duran but as it was the days before any widespread google/internet it would have been hard to prove/disprove/research I imagine.No family link to any of the Taylor band members I can see but interesting link here
The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board > James Taylor - mystery F3000 driver.
For the other members who were there does the photo match - the physical description of him sounds right.
His cars were fantastic and it was nice to look at my video of the anniversary week to see them at Fourways.

Should this be a new thread away from the FFA starter post?

Since October 2009...

Thanks for the explanation...sorry for not knowing everything there is to know...:bow: I am not Sean ya know!! ;)

And anyway I always thought Perry Haines and the Berrow brothers where Duran Durans Management in the early days....or is that just one of my Careless Memories...:D

So who owned the cars then...?

Haha good one
It was all tongue in cheek:D
(The only time its not is when the loud one posts)

The cars are fondly known as "the taylor cars" from James Taylor who is rumoured to have had a connection to the group (possibly a ZClub myth, who knows and who cares really, its all a bit of fun and gives it some mystery) A James Taylor has also raced in F3000

All three are interesting, very well executed and a credit to Jeff and Fourways, one in particular has an LY (crossflow) in it.

Hasnt one been to Santa Pod and run a 14.1 (Rob H ?)

The cars are fondly known as "the taylor cars" from James Taylor who is rumoured to have had a connection to the group (possibly a ZClub myth, who knows and who cares really, its all a bit of fun and gives it some mystery) A James Taylor has also raced in F3000

Cheers Skiddell, I love a good mystery... I reckon I was Scooby Doo in a previous life...:D

Back