Car Lingerie

Huw

Club Member
Coming back from the Donnington Historic I picked up a nasty little stone chip on the bonnet. That got me thinking about how to protect the front of the car in the future. Looking around on the tinternet for ideas, I came across CarBras.com.

They did a Colgan ‘Bra’ for 280ZX. Plus it was on special, bargain!

Not having any shame at all I thought I’d give it a go. Only one issue it was for a US spec car with cut outs for the bumper overriders. No problem, sure it will look fine.....

Well it arrived a week or two ago having had to be made as none in stock but still at sale price, excellent. Second little snagget appeared once out of the box due to its US application, the number plate cut out was too small to get the thing on. So with a little judicious use of a hobby knife and some hooks and eyelets solved that problem. Spent today wrestling the thing on to the front of the car, one hell of a fight it put up too.

End result, well I’m sure it will stop stone chips but umm not sure my self. Less of a ‘bra’ and more ‘gimp mask’ I’m thinking. Still, it will look bang on at a Slipknot concert. ;)

D7489D7D-B0A1-4B0D-8C76-592459C16299.jpeg

D18D7F9E-A693-4245-921A-BDE637AE7550.jpeg

Little fix to make it fit

EFCE2DE1-8056-4CDD-A88B-9F310B73EDCD.jpeg

I’ve not driven around with it yet. It fits well and all the lights and indicators can be seen clearly. The override cut outs aren’t that bad with it on after all.

It’s growing on me I guess. Might steal out for a spin later when it’s dark and scare some other road users :devil:

status

Well-Known Forum User
I knew a bird once and it was one heck of a job getting her bra off let alone putting it back on

toopy

Club Member
Hmmm! Does the job I know, but not sure ...

Same....

I can appreciate the reason for it on say longer motorway journeys, but just not sure i could bring myself to actually use it!
Maybe if it was light grey or silver to compliment your paint and not black it wouldn't look so 'in your face'

Huw

Club Member
Yes on reflection it’s not the prettiest of things. Worth a punt at the price.

The clear films, don’t work by the way. The stone that chipped the paint punched through a spray on rubberised plastic coating, designed to stop stone chips. So much for that.

So probably not going to use the ‘gimp mask’ as it has now been christened. I may, stress may, use it for long motorway journeys, where it will be discreetly removed prior to arrival. :)

SacCyclone

Club Member
I agree with you Huw, long motorway journeys to protect during the travel and remove prior to arrival.

I remember in the 70's, many BMW's, Porsche's, and Zeds were wearing black bras and were all the rage in the states.

From what I remember about my Cali youth, this looks period correct if you were trying to protect your paint.

Reactions: Huw

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
If your Z was a man ...

c48def555fe4127754d388f7db2e7b97.jpg

I better clear my browser history before google tries to sell me gimp clothing!!! [emoji15]

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeah thanks for that Ali - opened that in the middle of the office!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yeah thanks for that Ali - opened that in the middle of the office!

Bwooohhhhhahaha! You mean you read the forum in work time!? Bad Matt!!!

Funny thing is I did the same in a crowded elevator and the guy behind me did an uncontrolled LOL!!

What's the lump in the belly area for?

It’s the bonnet power bulge equivalent!