What did you do to your Z this week?

atomman

Club Member
A quick service on Friday of oil & filter, a check through the brakes & adjust the rear shoes,
DSC_6938.JPG

Then took a trip up the M4 to Esher in SE London the weekend to catch up with some old friends at a Volkswagen/Porsche show,

53591473788_cb9aabfd36_o.jpg

I forgot how good it was for long trips cruising on the motorway, 4ish hours either way & apart from being a bit noisy (going over 4000RPM on cam overtaking) it behaved faultlessly and drew quite a bit of attention in the car park, took me half and hour of chatting to people about it before I could even to get into the show,

I realised how practical the S30 is for a classic especially when compared to some of my old Porsches & Volkswagens I used to drive all over the county to shows, pretty easy to maintain, 5 speed, good heaters, decent wipers, enough room for a weekend bag and so on.

Looking forward to the other shows and road trips this year now

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
A quick service on Friday of oil & filter, a check through the brakes & adjust the rear shoes,
View attachment 62098

Then took a trip up the M4 to Esher in SE London the weekend to catch up with some old friends at a Volkswagen/Porsche show,

View attachment 62099

I forgot how good it was for long trips cruising on the motorway, 4ish hours either way & apart from being a bit noisy (going over 4000RPM on cam overtaking) it behaved faultlessly and drew quite a bit of attention in the car park, took me half and hour of chatting to people about it before I could even to get into the show,

I realised how practical the S30 is for a classic especially when compared to some of my old Porsches & Volkswagens I used to drive all over the county to shows, pretty easy to maintain, 5 speed, good heaters, decent wipers, enough room for a weekend bag and so on.

Looking forward to the other shows and road trips this year now
Yes, I've done long trips in an S30 - brilliant cars.

Are you coming to Donington?

Dale

Club Member
Hi Dale, that is an interesting photo. So is it a wall with windows?

I think it will have been a factory or some other kind of commercial building Rob. It’s now wasteland with a wall all of the way around it, but I assume when they demolished the main building they left the facade as a wall to keep people out as it’s still privately owned by Shepherd Offshore, who own most of Wallsend along the Tyne.

IMG_1516.jpeg

uk66fastback

Club Member
That is a lovely colour … what’s the sticker on the bumper say and that other writing also? Looks so clean without the sidestrips.

Just getting mine in the air to look at the exhaust, which is slung under the diff …

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2511.jpeg

Healey 12

Club Member
That is a lovely colour … what’s the sticker on the bumper say and that other writing also? Looks so clean without the sidestrips.

Just getting mine in the air to look at the exhaust, which is slung under the diff …

View attachment 62132

View attachment 62133
Thanks Mike
The one on the Bumper says Air Crew , one on the Light surround is Tokyo Nissan . It has only had one owner before me From Japan to the USA. I have with it all the original paperwork , owners manual and virtually every invoice for work carried out .

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Mike
The one on the Bumper says Air Crew , one on the Light surround is Tokyo Nissan . It has only had one owner before me From Japan to the USA. I have with it all the original paperwork , owners manual and virtually every invoice for work carried out .

Previous owner seems to have added an extra hatch strut. Seen this before when the original gas strut got a little bit discharged over time.

Paul_S

Club Member
New exhaust made and fitted this week. I’ve left the scorpion back box alone and just had the rest made including new Euro 5 cats. It’s not too loud just fruity when revved. It’s is full stainless with a 2.5 inch bore which is not over the top. View attachment 62123View attachment 62124View attachment 62125View attachment 62126View attachment 62127
Good stuff! That's an investment. I fitted a stainless pipe to mine in 2011 (maybe 2010) and it's been great.

Not too loud but fruity sounds perfect to me! I'm not a fan of the rasp, and don't get me started on pops and bangs!

Healey 12

Club Member
Previous owner seems to have added an extra hatch strut. Seen this before when the original gas strut got a little bit discharged over time.
Jon Bills and I noticed that the hatch will stay in any position you put it in. The struts do not lift it open. !

uk66fastback

Club Member
Old exhaust now off - had a hole in as well - a right lash up by the looks of it …

IMG_2622.jpeg

IMG_2626.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg

IMG_2624.jpeg

The welding from the pipes to the flange is too close to one of the manifold studs meaning you can’t get a socket on, just an open ended spanner … not ideal.