Spa-Francochamps Classic 28/29 May 2011

Sean, any chance of a few club 'parade' laps :driving:.

Spa is somewhere I must visit either as a spectator or trackday so I'm interested.

I quite fancy Spa too....Hull to Zebrugge friday night and a B/H weekend too so could travel home on the monday night ferry...sounds like a plan :D

Sean, yes I'm VERY interested, keep me updated on your French club plans please.

I will keep you all informed. But there needs to be a minimum of five cars booked in (on a stand) as a club and closing entry dates are february !!!

Contact

Your contact is Hubert Puttemans, perfectly bi-lingual written and oral :

sodexim@sodexim.org

He has the inscription papers which have to be sent in before the 15th February which means that all of you wishing to go MUST contact him before that date and send him your money - he will coordinate the booking such as I did for LMClassic.

Prices are €20 per person for the wekend (it's more at the gate) and €80 per car per session - there are three, one each on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday :

http://spafrancorchampsclassic.com/...ubs/SPA_Classic_Dossier_dengagement_clubs.pdf

There will be a small fee to cover your postage or you liase with him to collect the tickets outside the event to avoid any stress of them being lost in the post.

Hubert will coordinate the booking - do not print off and send the forum yourselves, it will confuse things and as you aren't members direct of the club invited, you won't get the discount and club parking spots.

Up to you now - Hubert is a great guy - he won't bite !

Sean, trying to work this one out.

Is this a camping venue do you know?

John and Jonathan what is your preferred accommodation and how many nights would you be there? Who else would travel with you?

I'm going to ask my lads if they are interested in the event, however my wife is off work the following week (half term) so that could complicate things.

So I could:

go on my own (bit lonely that), :driving:
go with one of the lads in the 240 (works well at Le Mans), :thumbs:
go in the 370 with my wife and the lads bring the 240 (be expensive that), :eek:
go with my wife in the 370 (no track time I assume, would I be allowed in the club area?) :rolleyes:
go with my wife in the 240 :lol:
go with you guys either convoy or share a car. :cheers:
stay at home :eek:

Sean, are modern cars allowed on track or is it like Le Mans (period cars only in theory). Thinking if I have a problem with the 240 - May is a busy month.

Ah Rob - you haven't been on their site (English translation side) and clicked on the 'happy few' have you ?

There you will see that under Datsun, one can enrol a 240/260/280Z............and courtesy of MUCH closer links with Nissan West Europe, under Nissan you can enrol a 350/370/GTR.....;)

The choice is yours - the only ones they won't (at the moment and I haven't started the pressure yet) accept are the 300ZXs and Roadsters !

Sean, trying to work this one out.

Is this a camping venue do you know?

John and Jonathan what is your preferred accommodation and how many nights would you be there? Who else would travel with you?

I'm going to ask my lads if they are interested in the event, however my wife is off work the following week (half term) so that could complicate things.

So I could:

go on my own (bit lonely that), :driving:
go with one of the lads in the 240 (works well at Le Mans), :thumbs:
go in the 370 with my wife and the lads bring the 240 (be expensive that), :eek:
go with my wife in the 370 (no track time I assume, would I be allowed in the club area?) :rolleyes:
go with my wife in the 240 :lol:
go with you guys either convoy or share a car. :cheers:
stay at home :eek:

Same here Rob,

Still working out who with and how, I would like to camp, but that too depends on who I travel with...:confused:

I am sure there is quite a big camp site not too far from the circuit

My options are similar to you either
  1. Come on my own (BNM:()
  2. come with a couple of pals who might have made the right sounds, but getting pass-out from wives proving tricky!
  3. Bring my 14 year old son (if he fancies it, haven't asked him yet incase the any of the mates come good).
  4. Come with the wife, which will cost me so much more in the longer term I am sure.
  5. Stay at home and buy the Enkies that I am trying to prise out of Gwyn's grasp (can't afford to do both).
So I will see how it pans out over the next week or so....

Jonathan, my eldest (Lee) has said he is keen. If my other lad (David) wants to come too then they could drive my Datsun and I could come with you in yours. Just a thought ATM.

Wheels - no point in having more wheels if you don't drive the car anywhere :lol:

Nice one Rob, that's option 6 then...:thumbs:

Edited to say, don't take that as meaning your the last resort Rob....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's looking like I will be going to this event - I see this as one of those circuits you must visit/experience before you're too old.

Both my lads are keen too so that's interesting :confused:

I'm up for this, Told the wife I'll be poping out that weekend so that's sorted. Matts coming along as passenger and I'll want a bit of track time. So, who is going? Sean? Anyone else?

You need to emal Hubert - Rob has his address and is in contact with him. It'll be great and I regret that this year I can't but next year I'll be there.

Back