Silverstone Classic

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Since this is pretty much underway and I am heading up tomorrow with the GTR, part of GTROC stand, for Saturday and Sunday...... is anyone from here going? With a Z or anything else?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm not but there is a couple of Super Touring races in which you may see Dave Jarman if he's got his Nissan Primera repaired?

Dave knows a bit about Datsun Zs ;)

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I live about 15 miles from Silverstone and was hoping the would be a Z club thing happening, but as the ain't I won't be taking the Z as I don't fancy leaving it in the punters car park. So I'm just gonna watch the weather and if it looks good I'll flip a coin, heads I go to a local music fest in the Z & tails I go to Silverstone classics in a modern Audi :rolleyes: Then again maybe I'll do both, music fest on Saturday and Silverstone on Sunday ;) Let's hope the club has a stand next year :driving:
On a side note, those of you who think Silverstone was the birth place of the Samuri, It wasn't, It was another local village by the name of Croughton. Croughton had a US air force base and plenty of cars got brought over from the states and often they got left behind. It was a great place to pick up a deal on Z's & US muscle. Maybe that's how Spike Anderson got started on z's ;)

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Going to be heading up shortly.... GTR will be on the owners stand, so if you pass by, please come say hello :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not but there is a couple of Super Touring races in which you may see Dave Jarman if he's got his Nissan Primera repaired?

Dave knows a bit about Datsun Zs ;)

Daves' is not ready to race as he's been finishing off another Primera (blue/white) which'll be in the auctions - look out for what it fetches.:)

Geoff-R

Club Member
Popped up to this today (Saturday) got up there the night before. Glad I didn't attend on Friday the weather was shocking. Great show though, saw a green 240 in the queue going in but didn't spot it on any stands.

That Hakosuka Skyline on the gtroc stand was stunning!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Lucky with the weather then.
Is that silver 260z 'WTC...' at standard ride height? looks to have more suspension travel than a modern Range Rover!

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Popped up to this today (Saturday) got up there the night before. Glad I didn't attend on Friday the weather was shocking. Great show though, saw a green 240 in the queue going in but didn't spot it on any stands.

That Hakosuka Skyline on the gtroc stand was stunning!

Yeah, Friday and Sunday weather was shocking!!!! Most races were not races just parade laps.

Daves car is very nice ;) I do love seeing it :thumbs:

Had a great day at Silverstone yesterday. We had 8 early Z's show. Maybe more that I didn't see.
Sorry Graham I took a wonder over to find you & the gtr's and you were all going out onto the track.
A few early z pics from yesterday http://www.260z.co.uk/silverstoneclassics2015.html

:driving:

I tried to find the Z Register group on Saturday afternoon, but obviously went the wrong way :smash: Spent most of the morning trying to organise 70 odd GTRs/Skylines.

Shame we couldnt meet... we were told max speed of 40mph and no overtaking........ hmmmm, missus got to 110mph and got the ass out at some point :driving:

Some cool pics, can I post a link on the GTROC?

There was a silver Z on the parade lap today, but only saw it when the owner was nowhere near it and then we went to a pub for a roast lunch :D

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Lucky with the weather then.
Where were you mate?

Is that silver 260z 'WTC...' at standard ride height? looks to have more suspension travel than a modern Range Rover!
The lad that owns it lives in Wales. Don't you need a vehicle like that in Wales? :p :D

Some cool pics, can I post a link on the GTROC?
Yeah no problem :)

There was a silver Z on the parade lap today, but only saw it when the owner was nowhere near it and then we went to a pub for a roast lunch
I want to say his name is Graham but I know I've got that wrong lol. Yeah he spent ages on Saturday trying to find the organiser of the silver car thing. I'm glad he got it sorted :)