Samuri Gathering IV 2016

JK240

Club Member
Hello All,

Just a quick line to let you all know, as I've been asked by a few people lately, I will be organising the Samuri Gathering again next year at the Donington Historic Festival (dates below).

I have registered with the event organisers again and will post full details as soon as I have them, with regards to the ticket information etc, although I would expect it will follow the same format as previous years.

Hopefully this is now a much looked forward to season opener and going into it's fourth year with also hopefully a bigger crowd too, obviously the weather will be great this time.....!!

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers,

Jonathan.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Provisional 99% certain (only disappointment is the place we stayed in 2 years ago is fullybooked already)
Me
Paul Wrangle
Kevin Kay & Fiona

richiep

Club Member
99% certain attendance all weekend from me.

Maybe I can return some of the sand still attached to the underside of my Z from this year's Gathering... :smash:

Fingers crossed for less filthy weather!

JK240

Club Member
I'll be there JK.

You need to get Crofty there again.

Rob Crofton..? I'm sure he will be, and we might even possibly get a showing from Simon :D

5mih7c.jpg

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hotel booked for the Fri/Sat/Sun nights

Bit of a pain in someways with Booking.com and the like as everybody now books rooms so far in advance on the internet just in case and as there is no cancellation fee all places seem to be getting really full everywhere for next year

JK240

Club Member
Samuri Gathering Tickets & General Information

A slightly belated Happy New Year to everyone, now we are all happily back to work and needing something to look forward to in the Spring it's time to let everyone know that this years big season opener will be taking place over the bank holiday weekend of Saturday 30th April, Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd of May 2016.

I think most on here will be aware of the previous three events, but for anyone who hasn't managed to attend its a fantastic weekend full of some amazing historic racing all 3 days and a huge and varied display from all the car clubs. Usually we have anywhere between 20 and 25 Z's on our stand which is IMHO far and away the best looking representation from any of the clubs in attendance.

The links below are to the DHF site and to my Facebook event page for those who are into social media.

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/409707602560742/

I know there is some criticism of the ticket purchasing situation, however it's the way the event organisers run things so we are stuck with it I'm afraid, so here goes...

As in previous years I run this as a joint event with both Classic Z Register and Z Club of Great Britain (to maximise the number of cars on display) and both our clubs are registered again, so we now have a discount code for booking tickets which is 2016DHFZ

I think the event is great value for money, e.g. a full 3 day ticket costs (inc booking fees and standard postage) £52.35 which divided by 2 makes it £26.17 each for the full weekend entry and gets you and your car into the infield to join us on the stand. If you are sharing a ticket and both have cars for the stand then just request 2 infield passes when you order the tickets.

Car club ticket deadline
Please note the club ticket booking deadline of 5pm on Sunday, April 24th - Don't leave it till last minute though as the organisers will not sell tickets using the discount code after this and it's a big saving on the gate prices..!!

The link below will take you straight to the advance ticket page for purchasing on line
http://doningtonpark.seetickets.com/event/donington-historic-festival/donington-park/924966

You must enter the code ZDHF15 and press the 'use code' button, then the prices on the page will change to our club prices, rather than the full prices originally displayed. At that point they will also be asked to request infield display parking passes.

Please note that car club discounted tickets are offered in multiples of two, and the price shown is the discounted price for one ticket. When you add two tickets to their basket, you will therefore be getting two tickets for the (full) price of one. If you want four tickets for the price of two full-priced ones, you must click '4'! Hope that makes sense...!

Children aged 15 and under (accompanied by an adult) get in for free. And each ticket gives two-for-one entry to the Donington Grand Prix Collection over the weekend and for the following two months.

Buying tickets over the phone
Our ticket hotline number is: 0844 873 7355 Your members will need to quote the car club code to take advantage of the club offer.

CAR CLUB PARADES
There will be one each day of the Festival, at lunchtime, featuring a maximum of 100 cars (across all clubs) each day.

ACCOMMODATION
Camping is available next door to the circuit - at the Donington Park Farm House Hotel.

Details of camping, hotels and local B&Bs can be found here: http://www.donington-park.co.uk/abou...accommodation/

If you do want accomodation I'd advise to book early as its very busy.

I hope that all makes sense, but as always if anyone needs any help with anything please get in touch and I will do what I can, thanks guys and lets hope we get another slightly warmer than last year, successful meet!

See you in May,

Cheers,

Jonathan.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Last year I was tenting it at the campsite next door.
It was close to the track = +1.
I think I was the only Z owner roughing it in a tent = -2
I woke up early in my new tent, swimming in puddles and everything soaking wet = -10
This year unless JK can book us 'No Rain' I'd prefer to retire for the evening somewhere warm, dry and comfortable, preferably with a bar and some fellow Zedders. Any ideas?
Answers on a postcard to Jake RAH :cheers:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
This year unless JK can book us 'No Rain' I'd prefer to retire for the evening somewhere warm, dry and comfortable, preferably with a bar and some fellow Zedders. Any ideas?
Answers on a postcard to Jake RAH :cheers:
Cedars Hotel
Loughborough use booking.com have a discount on
Me, Paul Wrangle, Kevin Kay and Fiona
We are staying Fri/Sat/Sun nights
Its not dear has bar and restaurant only down side is that restaurant is not open Sunday night what we did last year is ordered a Indian takeaway and they let set the tabes for us so we could eat it there
Stange thing about all around Donnington nearly all the eating places seem to shut on a Sunday

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
discount code for booking tickets which is 2016DHFZ

You must enter the code ZDHF15 and press the 'use code' button, then the prices on the page will change to our club prices, rather than the full prices originally displayed.

:confused:

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Sorted! Thanks for the info Steve ;)

discount code for booking tickets which is 2016DHFZ

You must enter the code ZDHF15 and press the 'use code' button, then the prices on the page will change to our club prices, rather than the full prices originally displayed.

Shiz I missed that :rolleyes: Nevermind, no problem to sort ;)