PPC in the Park - that's Mallory Park!

Mr.F

Inactive
PPC IN THE PARK 2010 - SATURDAY MAY 1ST - MALLORY PARK

PPC in the Park 2009 was the first show we had ever organised and there was much to learn, following the success of last year we have decided to announce PPC in the Park 2010 which will be the ultimate car show experience with more clubs and interesting cars to see. Last year we achieved a great 500 cars on display through the day and next year we would like Z Club of GB to join us.

Track time is available in 15 minute sessions for just £20 - all tracktime MUST be booked in advance. Tickets to the show are an amazing price of just £15 - booked in advance, or £20 on the gate. Camping on the Friday & Saturday night is FREE

Any interest in a Club attendance?

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Hmm ... I am busy that weekend and I doubt the Z31 will be done in time. Shame as I am hoping to get to a show or two this year.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i might be interested i bit nearer the time when i know what other things might be happening

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ok folks we need to move this on now.

I've agreed with Mike (MrF) that I'll pick this up and see if we can raise enough interest to get a 'Club' area in the paddock and reduced ticket prices.

The organisers want 12 cars to secure a 'marked - out' paddock area. If we get that then we are eligible for 10% discount on admission and track charges.

To get a 15min track session at Mallory (approx 15 laps) for £18 is excellent value! And it's a good warm-up for Japfest.

I've never driven around Mallory so I'm up for a few sessions. There are only about 15 public sessions during the day so it will sell-out quickly. If I have enough information from people before I book I'll try to get us together on the track.

There should be plenty going on to keep people interested all day and it's a central location so I'm hoping we can have a good turn-out here.

Over to you then - please confirm your interest and if we have more than 12 cars I'll get back to the organisers, book a place and get your money off you! If not I'll go 'solo'.

Rob

phil.e

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Rob

Put my Lad and myself on the list please, he's 9yrs so free ticket I think. Do you know of any age restriction for passengers during track time? If not then put us down for 2 sessions please.

Thanks

Phil.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I haven't been given a cut-off date by the organisers but if we hang on too long the track sessions will be booked up. I'd like to know if we have 12 cars by the end of Jan please.

Phil, I doubt if a 9 year old would be allowed on track as a passenger and to be honest I think that's correct. I know you are a responsible driver but track sessions are intended to be quick and anything can happen. Would you be happy with him in your car if I spin in front of you at 100mph? And I'd rather not be on track with 9 year olds in the cars. Seats, harnesses etc are not designed for small kids. Just being honest here, can't he watch with someone? I think my kids would have been frightened on track at 9 and you have a very quick car too.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I haven't been given a cut-off date by the organisers but if we hang on too long the track sessions will be booked up. I'd like to know if we have 12 cars by the end of Jan please.

Rob am I correct in saying we need at least 12x£15 +£180 to secure position and get the discounted price and could we increase the ammount of places once the initial payment is made

phil.e

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Rob

Yes, on reflection you are quite correct here, my initial eagerness to invlove my lad more, in somthing he enjoys so much, blinded me to common sense! Put me down for one session then please. And yes, he can watch with someone.

Thanks

Phil.

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
Put me down too, should be good. PPC are a good bunch too.
Lets just hope I can get the car running again by then :eek:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So we have the following people bringing a Z Car:

Mr F (car ?)
Rob Gaskin
zpuppy
madmarco
GTR-240Z
phil.e
John Dixon

and maybe:

Moggy240
zbloke

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Count me in Rob
Show plus track time, havent driven Mallory for many years so it will be good to have a few laps again

The PPC guys are a huge laugh, plus they did a feature on mine a couple of years ago.