New seals stopping rear hatch from fully closing

Fosworth

Well-Known Forum User
As per title. I have fitted new seals to the rear hatch. They seem good quality and fitted quite easily. but now the hatch won't fully close. I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find anything, so has anybody any suggestions of how to sort it please ?

SacCyclone

Club Member
Common problem with new seals on hatch and doors as well.....don't have a solution for you but i'm sure others have been through it already.
Mike

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I feel like there was a thread somewhere that recommended strapping down the doors / hatch for a few days until the rubber gave in?

arcdef

Club Member
I fitted new seals in Spring and was just a case of forcing it shut, i then left it closed for a while and been fine since.

Fosworth

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks chaps. I thought that might be the case but I'm worried I will damage the rear hatch. Actually I think I will try warming the seals
up first then press the hatch down.

toopy

Club Member
My seals were new 10 years ago and i still have to be firm with the hatch when closing it, at least you know they are sealing out the exhaust properly!

Jay.

Club Member
Thanks chaps. I thought that might be the case but I'm worried I will damage the rear hatch. Actually I think I will try warming the seals
up first then press the hatch down.

Where did you get your seal?

I warmed my seal up, closed the hatch for a few weeks and now it's fine. Hopefully this sorts yours out!