Never coming back

candy red

Club Member
Another 280zx 2 seater gone shell has been scrapped very sad :( as this one had a lot of club history :nopity:upload_2021-11-3_20-59-9.png

Huw

Club Member
Oh wow. I have fond memories of that car from my first Japfest at Castle Coombe. Had a good long chat with Steve as I was in the mids of sorting my car at the time.

Its a real shame it couldn't be revived.

Japfest 10_08.JPG

status

Well-Known Forum User
Nice looking 280 but was always in Ken sheltons zxextra having something done,think that was it’s second home or porky was to tight to pay for a garage,

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've seen this car and know that when Steve sold it it was discovered to be quite rusty under the fg panels and filler. At that stage the body should have been the priority but from what I saw posted the focus was on the interior. The problem then is that as time goes on the 'elephant remains in the room' and motivation can dwindle. I may be speaking out of turn here but it's just a warning for future projects.

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/project-kamicon.17891/

Did the car ever go to be blasted?

Edit - on delving a bit deeper I can see that the doors were stripped of filler and a few horrors lay underneath.

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/280zx-2-seater-passenger-door.19215/#post-204815

Last edited:

JK240

Club Member
Always sad to hear of a car being scrapped.

10 years since I last saw it, time flies...!

dMsEG0jg.jpeg

richiep

Club Member
Sad. TBH, doesn't surprise me though - I felt like this story was going to have a sad ending. Bluntly, I doubted its owners after Steve were going to have the necessary commitment and approach to see it through. Looks like I was right.

Huw

Club Member
You’d think so (although depends how many were as bad as the doors under the filler).

Given this was a running, driving car not many years ago, I still think it’s a waste. A warning for people taking on projects above their abilities and attention span.

Very well put Richie.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
I'm on with floors on my 240z one is welded in fully with a new sill on

Just on with other side it's tacked in place and am slowly welding it round into place solid

All you need is patience, vision and a bit of spare cash to thro at it and also TIME flys by

I have had it a year now and it's a stripped shell more or less

A lot my mates were scared of how rusty it was I just said it like a puzzle ;) am gunna finish it :)

Attachments

• 20211024_163609.jpg
    20211024_163609.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210916_133640.jpg
    20210916_133640.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 24

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Such a shame what happened think they had good intentions then moved house twice and after the move to Wales it just moved down the list of what was important for them to complete and it just was left
Had great memories with that car and also great times but after knee ops was just to low for me to get in and out of.

candy red

Club Member
Such a shame what happened think they had good intentions then moved house twice and after the move to Wales it just moved down the list of what was important for them to complete and it just was left
Had great memories with that car and also great times but after knee ops was just to low for me to get in and out of.
Exactly right there Steve they really wanted too get it sorted but the house took priority shame for them both as they were really excited when they got it ,sometimes life just moves in different directions