MikeBs 240Z for sale

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Gents,

I've decided that it's time to part with my 240, I know I'll regret it but it's time to move on.

I've put it on Pistonheads, here's a link

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/datsun/240z/datsun-240z-1973/5487448?v=b

It's also on Car and Classic and on here as well

You all know the car, if you see any howlers in the ad please let me know and I'll correct anything that's relevant.

I'm still awaiting reply from Spike, just in case I need to up the price ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Sean

We'll see if they beat the door down. The 40k cars are still on the market.

Always conscious of my location, GB folk don't like to travel, so you have to make it attractive to get them to come over and see it.

There's a direct flight from Paris, if you can stand the steering wheel being on the wrong side :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sean

We'll see if they beat the door down. The 40k cars are still on the market.

Always conscious of my location, GB folk don't like to travel, so you have to make it attractive to get them to come over and see it.

There's a direct flight from Paris, if you can stand the steering wheel being on the wrong side :)

The 40k cars are original UK ones ?

Zs don't grow on trees - if someone is serious, they'll travel or more likely send someone with a cash deposit.

Sorry, not my colour or power.;)

Too cheap and needs to go into a proper auction !

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Mike, nothing outrageous in the ad. in fact you are underselling it a bit IMO (not financially but in the description).

Anyone seriously interested in that type of car will be attracted I'm sure.

You haven't mentioned any speed events, was that to avoid scaring some people off?

Two observations:

Wipe the rear hatch slam panel with an oily rag.

Why state the car has 240Z interior - are you pointing out it''s unspoilt?

I will be miss you on here mate.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Rob

No particular reason for not mentioning the hillclimbs, just thought I'd keep it simple

Re the interior, Yes, Am underlining it's correct

Slam panel was clean when I left home, original photo venue was full of Easter hols traffic and then the darn farmers were out pulling muck from the fields and the dust got sucked in due to the Warp Factor 12 speeds I was travelling at. So mark it down as a Continuity blunder ;)

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
What is the performance exhaust and does it include the manfold ?

I recon he is not saying what system it is at the moment because that is his secret weapon to really bump the price up. Its probably a GDS :D so that probably makes it the long lost only green Samuri ever built. :lol:

Mr.G

Club Member
Shame you are selling but good luck with the sale, she looks like a lovely example. I also remember reading about her in a classic car magazine many moons ago.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Ere I am Mike,wasn't gonner bother as the usual anoraks have almost started to pick holes in the wording of the ad but anyone wanting a good Zed then get off yer rse and go get this one ,you won't regret it.The exhaust is an MSA full system that I found matures with age,sounded like a peashooter when I first put it on but gradually got a slightly deeper tone,not quite as deep as my gds that I have on my 260.this car was originally restored by Fourways ,that's all I'm saying on the car as it would be unfair to criticise or pick holes in a car that I once owned but not seen for a while unlike some on here.so if anyone reads this and is looking for a pukka Zed then go get this one,ignore the nitpickers,not saying no more

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Err...mine had a Samuri spoiler, spike head and carbs....

Oh ! so there must of been 2 green ones then, maybe Spike forgot about one of them.

Anyway back on topic Mikes car looks very impressive & should not hang around long at that price in todays silly market ( I say silly market because classic car prices have gone mad & put them way out of reach for most of us now ) it is very sad . Mikes car being RHD will float most boats here in the uk.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
samuri head....

Not a real Samuri then.....:confused: ?

Hey, curly pubes - I'm not nit-picking exc ept to say that Mike's selling it too cheap !

Thoroughly agree that this should be snapped up - miles better investment value than certain 'Samuris' recently sold and for sale !:thumbs:

datsfun

Club Member
Thoroughly agree that this should be snapped up - miles better investment value than certain 'Samuris' recently sold and for sale !:thumbs:

Judging by recent events...plan of action would be to buy this, re-paint in Samuri colours and flip it at a chunky profit!

Would be be a ringer? :p

Lovely car Mike love the wheels. Reminds me of mine many moons ago.
GLWTS

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Hey, curly pubes - I'm not nit-picking exc ept to say that Mike's selling it too cheap !

Mikes car is not a Samuri ! It is a straight honest (honest being the operative word ) well sorted rhd 240Z the same as what mine is.

So many people are sucked in by this Samuri ****, I know I was once upon a time, it is all total b*****ks. If I where in the market for a 240z/260z I would be seriously looking at this one, reason being it looks in great shape, its rhd & has a few tasteful mods.