LakeZ 2015

martinmac

Inactive
Yes its a bit early to start posting this. :( 26th, 27th 28th June.

Unfortunately Cartmel races have just posted their dates for 2015. They have never had dates in June before but guess what. :smash: There are races on the Friday and Sunday of the LakeZ weekend. They are afternoon meets. The weekend will be going ahead but the prices for B&Bs and hotels will get hiked and it will get booked up very quickly.

I will try to tie the weekend into theses events with a BBQ at the races. I feel sorry for the pub though as they will be hammered.

Plan for the weekend. :)

Friday arrivals. The pub will be serving food all day over the weekend. They will also be doing breakfasts. It is essential that you book a table. With the races on it will be very busy. Friday daytime and evening is a meet and greet at the pub. The races are on so if anyone wants to attend let me know. I wont bother so I am around to help anyone out.

Saturday. The steam train and lakes steamers is a great option for a chilled day out. There will be a drive out for anyone interested.

Saturday evening we will have food, either a BBQ or hog roast at the hall followed by a bit of music. This will start at 7-30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eux6jUynFfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt_nSjPqhQw

Sunday morning the cars will be judged by my friend the motoring journalist. As usual, dont worry about cleaning the cars. For those that are interested we can then have a chilled day at the races. We need to be there by about 1030.

Last edited by a moderator:
well we will see if the price they gave me when I booked the olde bank house 3 weeks ago holds
booking been confirmed at a price given but with a race week end falling in those dates but not announced at the time of booking am waiting on clarification

Eeabank lodge have kindly agreed to give me the place for the same price as last year. It is for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at a cost of £180. There are 4 rooms left. Message me if you are interested. The rooms will go fast.

Just been talking to one of the managers from the Haven site down the road. She says there are two ways forward with this. Either get a group together and phone them in January asking for a group discount price. In this case stress its adults and not kids.

OR, collect the tokens from the Sun, they do weekends for about £12 with enough tokens.

Hi Martin, Happy New year from Bernie & Joyce. Just wondering after a quick read of your posts is there going to be camping at the Village Hall this year for LakeZ in June? If there is can you put us down for the whole weekend in PJZ 2207
Best regards Bernie

Hi Bernie, yes there is camping again. It will be getting busier though but I am sre we will manage. Sorry for the delay in replying, been battling my way around Scotland. Roll on June

Sorry for not doing any updates recently, that work thing has been interfering. I have a couple of meetings coming up to sort a few tweaks to improve things. Food will start earlier on the Saturday to allow people to get seated and finish in time for Toyah. There will also be a BBQ at the hall for longer. I will post up the details whgen its sorted.

not a full list but just a guide line to help Marti with numbers

1/ martinmac +1 Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. At home.
2/ Flyboy and Flygirl.Fri, Sat. Camping off site.
3/ Lexx + 1 Fri, Sat. S/C. Booked.
4/ NeilP + Hensh Fri,Sat Camping on site.
5/ SHEZZA + 1 Fri, Sat , Sun. B&B Booked.
6/ Steve Burns F/S/S and most of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property
7/ Paul Wrangle F/S/S and most of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property
8/ Kevin Kay + Fiona Tough F/S/S and some of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property
9 Dale Errington + Mandy F/S Bank House rented 6 bed property
10/ glrnet T/F/S Happy to help out again on Thursday Martin. Accom booked
11/AndyG8nby & Amanda fri sat sun Eabank Lodge booked .
12/Mudman + a possible half. Camping on Site Fri/Sat
13/Ph 7 + Tracy. Camping Fri/Sat/Sun
14. Toyboy+1 Eabank Lodge Fri/Sat/Sun
15/ Ken Accom booked.
16/ Davedutch + 1 Sat/Sun Accom booked Sat only
17/ Mr P + 1 Camping on site Sat. Sun at the races.
18. ChrisS + Markclio and maybe Liam. Camping F&S (get my area taped off Lexx
19. Lyndzzz + 1 Saturday at least
20. Irn Bru + 1 F/S/S Accommodation sorted
21. Will370z F/S/S Accommodation sorted
22.mopedmark + mrs moped camping in the big tent,fri/sat
23. AaronC350z + mrs staying in the Engine Inn, Fri / Sat
24. One-eyed-king + Mrs camping on site Fri, Sat, Sun (races Sunday)
25. John Peek F/S/S and most of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property

And four more

1/ martinmac +1 Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. At home.
2/ Flyboy and Flygirl.Fri, Sat. Camping off site.
3/ Lexx + 1 Fri, Sat. S/C. Booked.
4/ NeilP + Hensh Fri,Sat Camping on site.
5/ SHEZZA + 1 Fri, Sat , Sun. B&B Booked.
6/ Steve Burns F/S/S and most of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property
7/ Paul Wrangle F/S/S and most of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property
8/ Kevin Kay + Fiona Tough F/S/S and some of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property
9 Dale Errington + Mandy F/S Bank House rented 6 bed property
10/ glrnet T/F/S Happy to help out again on Thursday Martin. Accom booked
11/AndyG8nby & Amanda fri sat sun Eabank Lodge booked .
12/Mudman + a possible half. Camping on Site Fri/Sat
13/Ph 7 + Tracy. Camping Fri/Sat/Sun
14. Toyboy+1 Eabank Lodge Fri/Sat/Sun
15/ Ken Accom booked.
16/ Davedutch + 1 Sat/Sun Accom booked Sat only
17/ Mr P + 1 Camping on site Sat. Sun at the races.
18. ChrisS + Markclio and maybe Liam. Camping F&S (get my area taped off Lexx
19. Lyndzzz + 1 Saturday at least
20. Irn Bru + 1 F/S/S Accommodation sorted
21. Will370z F/S/S Accommodation sorted
22.mopedmark + mrs moped camping in the big tent,fri/sat
23. AaronC350z + mrs staying in the Engine Inn, Fri / Sat
24. One-eyed-king + Mrs camping on site Fri, Sat, Sun (races Sunday)
25. John Peek F/S/S and most of following week Bank House rented 6 bed property
26. Bird+1 F/S/S Camping
27. Iangreenfield+1 F/S/S Accommodation sorted
28. Craig F/S/S Camping
29. Harby+1 F/S/S Camping

Thanks Steve. JK, If you leave it with me I will get her to sign it at the house. I am sure she will say Hi after the gig anyway. She is a very nice lady.

The tour T shirt makes me smile. 27th June. Lower Holker village hall, Cark. :p

Back