LakeZ 2012

martinmac

Inactive

I am pleased to announce that the LakeZ 2012 event has now been confirmed at the Heaves Hotel near Kendal for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the weekend of 30th June.

The venue is very car friendly and hosts many car meets and shows during the year. The RS owners attend with around 200 cars every year and are very well looked after.

There will be a drive out for those that want it. Camping is an option but there are limited rooms at the venue and plenty of other options close by. The cars can be safely left on site to allow those staying elsewhere to have a few drinks.

You will be about 30 minutes from the central lake district so lots of things to do if you want to nip off for a while. Last year many enjoyed the trip on the steam train which connects with the lakes cruises on the saturday. Alternatively there will be a drive out on the Saturday to take in some of the great local roads.

I am hoping that the Scots members may travel down for this as they miss out on many of the big Jap shows down south.

Heaves Hotel Near Kendal Cumbria

The Hotel will be providing light refreshments and snacks during the day. There will be a band performing on the Saturday night and the hotel will be providing a buffet at £6 per head.

Camping for the weekend is £5 per person. Showers and toilets will be provided.

There is a general entry cost of £10 per person for the weekend.

So for those who want to camp the total cost for the weekend will be £21 which includes the buffet and the band.

For those that dont fancy camping there are plenty of options with a big range of pubs and hotels in the area. I have a local minibus that will transfer people back and forwards at mates rates.

The hotel are happy for you to use BBQs as long as they arent directly on the lawns. You can also bring your own refreshments but please note, dont take your own drink into the hotel for the band on the Saturday night. The hotel bar is very reasonably priced.

The local Asda is only a few miles away.

I look forward to seeing many of you there and hope this is an event that will get established and grow year by year.

Please feel free to register your interest on here and I will update the names list on the first post to save the thread becoming a tedious list of names.

A few final details to add.

On the friday night the hotel will be serving the full menu this year which is good of them.

Saturday and Sunday mornings they will serve the full breakfast. And its well worth it. Sets you up for the day.

The buffet will be served on the Saturday night at 8pm and the band will then play, license until 1 am.

During the days there will be snacks available and there is a full roast meal on Sunday lunchtime to set you up for the drive home.

Postcode for the sat nav. LA8 8EF

Last edited by a moderator:
Its worth attending just to see the band. I am flying the bass player over from Spain and the lead guitarist won guitarist of the year a few years ago.

I cant remember really but my room bill included the whole event so I made sure I lost it very quickly.

The local pubs do rooms for around £35 to £40 per room.

Hi Guys,
I have a large suite booked for this and I've paid the deposit but Sylvia and I can't make it now. We're not sure if the reservation is tranferable but we're willing to give it a go if someone wants the room.

Hi Guys,
I have a large suite booked for this and I've paid the deposit but Sylvia and I can't make it now. We're not sure if the reservation is tranferable but we're willing to give it a go if someone wants the room.

How much dude?

Can't make the weekend, but I am off every Friday. It is only about 80 miles from me, so if I was to blast over on the Friday, just for the day, would it be worth my while or does everyone arrive Friday night for the weekend? Would only be worth my while if there was going to be quite a few other Zs there during the day on Friday that I could look at and members I could meet. Can anyone advise?

Can't make the weekend, but I am off every Friday. It is only about 80 miles from me, so if I was to blast over on the Friday, just for the day, would it be worth my while or does everyone arrive Friday night for the weekend? Would only be worth my while if there was going to be quite a few other Zs there during the day on Friday that I could look at and members I could meet. Can anyone advise?

There should be a few around on Friday afternoon, well me anyway...:D

Back