Is this worth saving?

Yes it's worth saving. :thumbs:

Not sure if it's a sensible financial proposition though. That obviously depends on the work needed and who is doing it.

Seller's feedback rating not the best but that shouldn't put you off given what you see in the photos. I'm no expert, but it's what u don't see that is worth checking out. E.g. Dog legs etc.

Are u saving this for yourself or to sell on? 10k may get spread a little thinly.

Seller's feedback rating not the best but that shouldn't put you off given what you see in the photos. I'm no expert, but it's what u don't see that is worth checking out. E.g. Dog legs etc.

Are u saving this for yourself or to sell on? 10k may get spread a little thinly.

What he said - check out what you can't see and £10 is 'light' - more like 15-20 !

Financially not worth it, otherwise - yes.

As above,

worth saving, but its a case of 'for the love of it' not for 'money/profit'

The trailing roof edge will not be a fun fix either!

The good thing is that it's going to be saved anyway with 21 bids to date.

Hope it gets saved, it's hard to tell what it looks like from the the pictures, underneath especially and all the hidden parts. I don't think many will save it for a profit. I'm certainly not saving mine for a profit! It's all for the love of the cars.

Its not for me its my friend thats interested and its not going to be up for sale.
He likes my car so wants similar, have explained that a 2 seater is more viable.

Not sure why it needs £20,000 to bring it up to good solid nick?:confused:
As I spent. £9000 on a no expense spared 2 pac paint, job 2 x new sills, 1 x door, 2 x rear quarters, 2 x chassis rails and extensive fabrication on front wings and a floor repair.

If you get good with a welder, hammers and dollys, you could do it for about £6000.00?

Why would it cost twice as much?

I would reckon £10,000 to get it pretty nice?

Was £10k...

Not sure why it needs £20,000 to bring it up to good solid nick?:confused:

As I spent. £9000 on a no expense spared 2 pac paint, job 2 x new sills, 1 x door, 2 x rear quarters, 2 x chassis rails and extensive fabrication on front wings and a floor repair.

If you get good with a welder, hammers and dollys, you could do it for about £6000.00?

Why would it cost twice as much?

Now £6k...but need to buy all the tools etc.

Yep, that sorts out the bodywork BUT a lot of hours there.

Then the interior, engine and mechanics including brakes and suspension, electrics, wheel and tyre choice....it all mounts up starting from a project car these days.

You're talking about a specific deal - I'm talking generally for your average joe.

Sounds like you already made you mind up before asking us the question....;)

Not at all!
Just questioning your figure of £20,000 to restore a car which is fundamentaly complete (including rust):rofl:
Things like wheels etc are optional if you ask me.

Not at all!
Just questioning your figure of £20,000 to restore a car which is fundamentaly complete (including rust):rofl:
Things like wheels etc are optional if you ask me.

I'm 'quoting' for a finished car and imho, wheel choice is part of that finishing.....:)

I can see both sides to this, not everyone has those mates and that know how. Some people will want to just hand it over to a shop and get it all done. Do it yourself and keep the cost down but hand it over to a shop and of course you have to expect it to cost more.

"......all in all a very special opportunity to purchase a very rare project , these cars are fetching very strong money now as there are only 90 registered on the road at the moment ...."

There you are then - rare = value.

Nearly! The only bit of the equation missing is "desirable". Volvo 123s are rarer but not fetching anywhere near as much ;)

if any one wants a Volvo my mate is selling his, it's a red 2 door fully restored with a spare 4 door and the same as that one but no were near 19,900 euros

Back