Huggy 240Z...I'm confused !

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Cut and shut I think is the term they use in States :eek:
Cool easy project.........Or maybe not !

uk66fastback

Club Member
So that's the front half of a 240 and the rear end of a 280?

My word ... there is no way they don't KNOW that, for sure ...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
By the way the seller (Paul Gaskin) is not related to me as far as I know! However he is only about 8 miles away.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I thought it was more likely the remains of a rotten 240 stuffed into a 280 shell which had then rotted too. is it definitely a cut & shut?

Mr.F

Inactive
Interior door panels and seats are 280Z but dash, heater controls, steering wheel and fuse box are 240Z...

uk66fastback

Club Member
I think the whole car was green. You can see it in the pics, certainly in the interior, but also through the hatch. And there is a part of the front that is green as well, so maybe it is a 240z with 280z rear bumpers and 280z rear lights - what else would be different at the back?

I presume the rear bumpers mounts were very different for the 280 though to the original?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
The rear wheel well has never been painted except when new at Nissan factory, never been green
Rear vinyl is from 280Z smooth not diamond
Rear wings are from 280Z and do not have indent for bumpers as 240Z has
Two stays on hatch from 280Z.....etc etc

The 1977/78 cars had a larger fuel tank and smaller wheel well/space saver tyre so all points to complete rear end being from a later series car dated 1974 ( 260Z ) or 1975/76 ( 280Z )

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Also has vented air tubes with the plastic air ducts so I assume 250Z with rear end damage and converted with what bits they had.

Huggy has actually had a few reasonable Projects but this one is another story.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Well, what rot have you all spotted? Floors look shot but some other shots look ok. Not necessarily a bad s30 project at under £4k, whatever it is.