How old are you?

How old are you

• Total voters

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
After a week of datsun ownership everyone tells me I've bought a old mans car or they say ill soon be back in a skyline or a supra ... To be honest I can't see that happening anytime soon as quite looking forward to driving the datsun again .

I'm 30 years old and wouldn't say its a old mans car at all but how old are you lot?

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Most old cars attract old beards.

I'm 50 but my nippers drive it more than I do....one is 17 and the other 21

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Change it to a poll with some ranges? Maybe you can't as you're still not paid up?

32 last Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:

racer

Club Member
I'm 45 but, I've had mine for 15 years. There’s plenty of guys on here who had one in their 20's and still have the car 20 plus years later.
We go to many shows, Santa pod etc and the youngsters flock around the cars.
The younger generation seem to love them but in many cases simply can't afford one.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
am 22 and been brought up with zeds all my life my dads daily was a 2+2 fuel injected 260

now we just have the 240 samuri

status

Well-Known Forum User
cant remember im that old but had it nearly 30 years,still got me teeth,hair,most of the brain,one eye,2 dogs,20 fish,too many guitars,and still rocking,wot was the question again

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Andre, I am getting on a bit but I've owned 240Zs for nearly 20 years. They are a great looking car and can be very sporty when modified.

My kids love the Datsuns and have done for a while. My eldest started trackdays with me when he was 19.

They are still a great looking car!

SHOW YOUR MATES THE 'DARE TO BE DIFFERENT' VIDEO ON THE HOME PAGE.

I would say an 'old man's car' is something like a Jag Mk2, Triumph TR4, MGB etc IMO of course.

Madda was referring to the fact that you could start a poll about age but that you may not have the privileges to do that because your status is 'website member' not 'Z Club member' i.e. 'full' member. The two tier system gives people the facility to have a look around, learn about the cars before they buy one, allows overseas members access etc. We hope after a while that website members 'join the club' as a full member to support the finances but it's not compulsory as you may notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
brain baker at79 or len welchin his7 something my self 61 had first one at 20 driven datsun/nissan since 1969 past my test in my farther datsun 510 /1300 time to hide old zedders just fade away

richiep

Club Member
I'm 45 but, I've had mine for 15 years. There’s plenty of guys on here who had one in their 20's and still have the car 20 plus years later.
We go to many shows, Santa pod etc and the youngsters flock around the cars.
The younger generation seem to love them but in many cases simply can't afford one.

I'm 40 in a few weeks time, but I've had mine since I was 28. Echoing what Matt (racer) said, I know quite a few people who may be in their 40s and 50s now who've had their Zs since their 20s. Zs tend to be long-term keepers. Tell those that say you bought an old man's car to get stuffed! :D You've now got a proper, ageless car, not one that looks like it crashed through Halfords' bargain bin like so many scene cars! :p

They generate respect and interest from a far wider range of people too, including the younger generation in the Jap scene, some of whom are starting to revere the Z.

Farmer42

Club Member
I'm the wrong side of 40 but owning a Z has made me feel 20 again. Wanted one since I was a teenager but I could never afford one at the time so bought a Toyota Celica TA22 instead. It was a toss-up between going back to the Celica or a Z.

The Z is a head turner and I don't regret getting one. Took my daughter to her school prom in it and all the kids wanted a ride in it cos it was different. Definitely not an old man's car but not a sprog's boy racer mobile like an Impreza or Evo.

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for all your comments guys , keep them coming ... Something for everyone to answer. :)

How much is it to join the club fully and does it get me free hugs too lol?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
How much is it to join the club fully and does it get me free hugs too lol?

£15 and the greatest advantage of this is that one of the big wrinkly old guys will NOT give you a big hug when you meet them!
One in Greenford and an even bigger one in Mansfield quite near to you

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
£15 and the greatest advantage of this is that one of the big wrinkly old guys will NOT give you a big hug when you meet them!
One in Greenford and an even bigger one in Mansfield quite near to you

Haha I'll look in to where I join up ;)

Only know of one member local to me but don't want to go asuming I know who you will mean lol .