Am I just getting tight in my old age?

yellowz

Club Member
Just received an invite to the October Scramble at Bicester.................... cheap at £19 per person! Is it me or are we being asked to pay more for no more than was there last time.

Also JDM Combe there seems to less to see but more to pay as well!

Is this a theme across venues?

It’s all a rip off,we never had to pay to show our cars and then all of a sudden they expect us to spend money getting our cars ready then spend money on fuel to get to the show then pay to get in,just a piss take,stoped doing them years ag9 for those reasons and that was before I got older and more stupid

Well yes it is wrong to pay to be the act!

However in this day and age £19 is not too bad I suppose. Is that the same as general entry without a car, if so yeh a bit 'off'?

I went to the World Superbike meeting at Donington last Saturday. Main race day was Sunday but there were races on Saturday (incl WSB Race 1) - incredible speed through Schwantz curve. Thought it was going to cost £39 on the gate but I got a OAP ticket for £30 - these aren't available online I assume because everybody would claim they were old? Paddock entry included. I thought reasonable. Going to MotoGP practice for £25!

I can't imagine there are OAP tickets at Old Car shows!

We had to pay at Donington but at least there was racing to watch.

Well yes it is wrong to pay to be the act!

However in this day and age £19 is not too bad I suppose. Is that the same as general entry without a car, if so yeh a bit 'off'?

I went to the World Superbike meeting at Donington last Saturday. Main race day was Sunday but there were races on Saturday (incl WSB Race 1) - incredible speed through Schwantz curve. Thought it was going to cost £39 on the gate but I got a OAP ticket for £30 - these aren't available online I assume because everybody would claim they were old? Paddock entry included. I thought reasonable. Going to MotoGP practice for £25!

I can't imagine there are OAP tickets at Old Car shows!

We had to pay at Donington but at least there was racing to watch.
I now have something to look forward to when I’m old thanks for the heads up Rob 😂🤓

I don't mind paying if the proceeds go to a charity or something or like Donington or JDM Combe, there is something else going on like racing or drifting etc. I am starting to object to these events that charge a premium for only displaying. They don't seem to realise that without the cars, they have no event!

Well, a meal out for two is never less than that. And you can spend all day at Bicester.

Just received an invite to the October Scramble at Bicester.................... cheap at £19 per person! Is it me or are we being asked to pay more for no more than was there last time.

Also JDM Combe there seems to less to see but more to pay as well!

Is this a theme across venues?
There are enough big meetings (150+ cars) around that are free and allow you to see a great selection of cars - just been at Witney Car Show - I could easily go to a meet twice a week during the summer without driving more than 50 miles and not spending a penny - ok I’ll probably have a visit to the loo and a greasy burger

Matching green this week ,near Harlow/bishops stortford,I use to organise this one and we would get about 10 Zeds at least,all 240 s and 260s,I don’t organise it anymore but it’s a great show,the only Z there this year might be mine

Crash box which is massive, £15

Been keeping an eye out for this one but obviously missed it.😖 I have camped at Cofton just down the road whilst this has been on in previous years and judging by the cars queuing to get in it looks good. I will have to do that one at some point as long as it don't clash with Combe.

Back