'85 Supra on ebay

richiep

Club Member
Yep, I’ve loved those since they were new; as a kid I had a Tamiya 1/18 scale model of one (probably still do in the loft). They pop up reasonably regularly as projects, while there are a handful of stunningly well restored ones knocking around. There’s a black one that often shows at Tatton Park that is perfect - literally not a swirl mark on it.

Starions are cool too, although has to be the wide body version - the other looks a bit wussy in comparison.

Edit to say: reading the Supra ad is painful though. Hyperbole and sales bullshite much?!

status

Well-Known Forum User
My ex bird had one and I had my 260 z which I’ve stil got,I drove it quite a bit and it was that light metallic blue which was a nice colour,to drive it wasn’t bad,it wasn’t quick and around country lanes it was like a boat and would not get near a Zed
The one good thing is that my bird at the time was blond and had a massive pair of knockers
Can’t really add much more

status

Well-Known Forum User
No she wasn’t that clever I got in there first then it turned out it was her sister that fancied me more and she Had a nice pair of jugs also,if I had known then, I’d probably be married to her by now

status

Well-Known Forum User
Beleive it or not Rob you wouldn’t beleive the amount of crumpet I’ve turned down ,reason being if I was just some old joe bloggs at the bar Doris wouldn’t want to know,now wot you get is the Doris that always fancies the drummer the Doris that always fancies the bass player the Doris that always goes for the lead guitarists that’s how it is in the pub game,when I was doing theatre there wasn’t much time unless we were out in the foyer after the show signing autographs and all that sort of stuff which to be honest I was always a bit embarrassed when I was asked for an autograph,sad really but it turns some people on and they are / were paying my wages so had to go along with it
It’s hard being a rock god but it has its good points and the thing is I always tell June when I get chatted up
Bet none of em drove a celica though eh

status

Well-Known Forum User
As much as I liked driving her supra it still felt like a boat round the lanes,how much do they go for nowdays as we never see em do wr

JK240

Club Member
. There’s a black one that often shows at Tatton Park that is perfect - literally not a swirl mark on it.

Edit to say: reading the Supra ad is painful though. Hyperbole and sales bullshite much?!

I love these too, but would have to have the manual...I nearly bought a really lovely one about a year before I bought the Sam, which at the time was £2,5k and despite being split mint I thought it was a bit overpriced...!!

I know the guy with the black one Rich, he lives not too far from me and I used to see it a lot at local events, there's a great back story to it too.

He bought it as his daily driver when it was a used car a couple of years old, then sold it as you do with cars. Then years later he was looking for a project to give him something to mess with and so he bought a copy of Autotrader, back in the day when you did that (remember the excitement of Autotrader on a Thursday morning...:D ) and, he says, the page literally fell open with his old car up for sale as a project, what are the chances? So he bought it and restored it, and as Richie says its immaculate.

This was it last time I saw it back in 2017 in Grasmere. Lovely.
2018-06-17 10.54.37 (002).JPG