350z insurance

Dale

Club Member
After ringing a couple of insurance companies I've used for the 260z, it has become apparent that insuring a 350z is a completely different kettle of fish! :confused:

Can anyone offer any recommendations? I'd like to at least narrow down the amount of companies I will call.

Thanks in advance.

Arkwright

Inactive
firstly bear in mind that insurance has gone up a lot this year. Then use go compare or similar. Last year I used them and found Quick Fit the cheapest. When the actual policy came through it was with Aviva. This year QF wanted a huge amount. I went to my usual broker and his was higher and still with Aviva. I then went to Aviva and got a good price but I had to drop Nathan off as a named driver.

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
Believe it or not try that co. with that titend off the telly (go compare)
I got a modified celica gt4 fully comp for business for 190 quid (through Barclays)!!

Paul_S

Club Member
I have Admiral multicar, it works very well for me. Also (don't laugh) some people have recently recommended Sheila's Wheels - and yes there were men!

Dale

Club Member
Well £933 is the best so far!

I've never had an accident *touch wood*, and have only made one claim some fourteen years ago when some scrote took a car of mine for a joy ride and dumped it with no stereo and a smashed steering column. This isn't encouraging me to go slightly more modern.

I wonder if I could insure myself with a public liabilty insurance cheaper and sod the law?! :p

Dale

Club Member
I'm not going to call you 'old' Rob, out of respect. So I'll just call you a 'git' instead :p;)

dav350z

Club Member
Dale, I use First Alternative insurance. Last years premium was £340, I live in the Midlands and I am 54. I think I opted for a higher excess to reduce the premium a bit.

zman240uk

Club Member
Agree with the comments that insurance has shot up this year. Last year I paid around £360 for a modded VX220. Cheapest I could find for the newly accquired and unmodded 350Z, via compare the meerkat, was just over £600 :eek:

Dale

Club Member
FFS, why the hell do they bother asking whether you have made a claim in the last five years, then completely ignore that fact and refuse to quote when you say you have no 'no claims discount'. That doesn't mean I've claimed you *%&#ers! :mad: