22k 240Z for sale

candy red

Club Member
Looks good but does have a little bit of rust showing on left rear quarter panel so no doubt there’s more that can’t be seen possibly front indicators not in the right position are they ? Good base project though 😂 but Rob will think definitely over priced 🤔:leaving:

Really disappointing to see this up for sale so soon after Carl saying he was going to to keep it and enjoy it.

Really disappointing to see this up for sale so soon after Carl saying he was going to to keep it and enjoy it.

I guess plans change?

Looks good but does have a little bit of rust showing on left rear quarter panel so no doubt there’s more that can’t be seen possibly front indicators not in the right position are they ? Good base project though 😂 but Rob will think definitely over priced 🤔:leaving:
Don’t most of our cars have some imperfection somewhere? 😃 It does look like a great car for the money though - but as we know they need a decent inspection!

Edit: just looked at the high res photos, @candy red you’re right there are quite a few areas that would benefit from attention. But still a nice car there. Would be interesting to see what price it realises.

Last edited:
Shifter shows it being a 5 speed. I didn't realise it was an option on the 240's?

Very nice!
thought the owner would have been able to sort the Rev counter out after the electronic ignition was installed and think the modern rubber mats let down what is a fantastic looking interior.
Being such a rare car I do hope it’s beats the £50k (or would do in a late spring auction)

Hi chaps, in truth the car is fantastically rust free other than the passenger side floor rail , I genuinely intended to keep it for ever, but I believe the car deserves someone who absolutely knows what to do in the cars best interests, li don’t believe I’m the best person to do it justice, the realisation came when I was polishing up the rocker cover, I was just generally glue less as to what to do for the best it’s an amazing car quite possibly the lowest mileage most original in Europe, I love 240 Z,s and I hope this one is keep totally original for prosperity sake, I would like to thank everybody who’s help me with everything over the last year or so you have all been fantastic and I’ve very much enjoyed the experience, happy days Carl

Hi chaps, in truth the car is fantastically rust free other than the passenger side floor rail , I genuinely intended to keep it for ever, but I believe the car deserves someone who absolutely knows what to do in the cars best interests, li don’t believe I’m the best person to do it justice, the realisation came when I was polishing up the rocker cover, I was just generally glue less as to what to do for the best it’s an amazing car quite possibly the lowest mileage most original in Europe, I love 240 Z,s and I hope this one is keep totally original for prosperity sake, I would like to thank everybody who’s help me with everything over the last year or so you have all been fantastic and I’ve very much enjoyed the experience, happy days Carl
Let's not get carried away.
It's not.

Decent set of photos.

Does looks as if it may have had some paint on it in the past. Also is that a metal rivet on the tailgate slam panel? See interior pics.

Rust on the tailgate and in other places...

Looks a bit scruffy and a black engine bay? To get this car properly right to meet its full potential, it probably needs a full respray.

Last edited:
Decent set of photos.

Does looks as if it may have had some paint on it in the past. Also is that a metal rivet on the tailgate slam panel? See interior pics.

Rust on the tailgate and in other places...

Looks a bit scruffy and a black engine bay? To get this car properly right to meet its full potential, it probably needs a full respray.

100% right. As you say, I think it's already had a (poor) respray at some time in the past. Lots of poor masking and overspray, with rust starting to show through.

Great set of pictures as said, really quite thorough. Reserve seems a little optimistic though based on the work required to get this back to its best. Definitely requires a full strip down, blast, body prep and respray. That said, on the face of it, it seems a fairly decent base to get on with and a largely unaltered car.

Yes but how annoyed would you be doing this if you paid the estimate?
I'm not sure I understand the question George. Planning to spend another £20k on a car in the future doesn't make it worth more today.
A car is only ever 'new' for a little while, whether its new new or restored new. I'd rather drive it than spend £20k and wait 2 years to have it look new for 2 years. But I understand why someone else might prefer that.

Was trying to say, badly, there's possibly better candidates for rolling restorations given its potential.

It would be nice to see her done properly but then again I can also respect someone that wants to enjoy and drive it. I keep putting my resto off for that very reason! 🤣

Was trying to say, badly, there's possibly better candidates for rolling restorations given its potential.

It would be nice to see her done properly but then again I can also respect someone that wants to enjoy and drive it. I keep putting my resto off for that very reason! 🤣

its got to be worth a solid £25k. given what you'd spend to make it 'perfect'.

at that money it'll make a nice rolling resto. 50 year old dampers/brakes would be the first thing i'd throw fairy dust at.

Back