Spa Classic - Club Laps

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I had a good run on the Sunday and got a bit involved with an Aston DB9. When watching this just consider that my car runs SUs off a 1966 Rover and front brakes of a very early (70s) Range Rover, oh and my latest 200SX box cost me £56 off ebay, it still amazes me.

Also I was on some 10 year old road tyres that were on some wheels I bought off Wyn (900SS). Don't take this the wrong way I'm just saying that you don't have to have the latest kit to enjoy yourself.

After I passed the Aston he chased me for a lap or two and then just crept passed on the long uphill Kemmel Straight to Les Combes. The Eau Rouge bends are soooooo... steep.

YouTube - ‪Spa Classic Club laps 240Z‬‏

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Wicked ! No respect for the establishment..........but weren't those AM rear lights flashing - safety car ?:thumbs:

Dale

Club Member
Great video Rob, thanks for sharing it.

I'm not sure the Aston driver even knew you were there until you were nearly fully past him?!

Next Rob, a rear facing camera and some video editing software. ;)

johnymd

Club Member
VERY impressive Rob.

The Astons LED lights looked a bit odd on film. I don't remember them flashing on the track, and no Sean, it wasn't the safety car.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Great video Rob, thanks for sharing it.

I'm not sure the Aston driver even knew you were there until you were nearly fully past him?!

Next Rob, a rear facing camera and some video editing software. ;)

Dale we had a rear facing camera on Day 1 (Sylvain is featured) and a camera mounted in the radiator aperture on Day 2 . I haven't had time to edit and publish them yet.

You are correct the DB9 driver was driving fairly quickly but DIDN'T know I was there. His car was LHD and he saw me at the last minute thank god, I was lucky and felt irresponsible but he then woke up and enjoyed himself I'm sure. I beat him back into the pits by the way, but kept out of his way!

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
great video Rob,have you noticed how much your bonnet moves as the air passes over it ,thats a lot of suction !!!!!!!!!!!