" The Z CLUB FORUM"

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
What do you like,dislike on the Z club Forum? Is our Forum any good/, is it the bees knee,s?,How many people find they are hooked?, Is it a wealth of information?.Have member,s made friend,s & contact,s not only local but oversea,s?. Do you think everyone& anyone should use it to the max? View,s will be appreciated & acknowledged With Thank,s.........DJZ 60.

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Personally, I think it's getting better and better.

The reason I say this, is as follows:

- When I first started coming to this website, posts were few and far between, and tbh, I didn't even bother to look for weeks at a time, because there was never enough posts to make it worthwhile.

- Not long before the last AGM, there was a sudden influx of talk (mainly about S30s - but that's not a problem), about tuning, techniques, hints, tips etc .. I pointed this out at the AGM, as I thought it was a step in the right direction.

We were, however, still missing banter.

- Now, there are a few more regular posters, and some with forthright views who are not afraid to air them, I think we've moved on another stage further, and at last we are starting to get a bit of banter going, which is great.

IMO, this should gradually increase, but already this has become a place where I now visit every day I can, without fail. It's also the first place I go before 300zx.co.uk or 350zuk.com.

In the absence of club meets and rallies etc, this is the ideal place for us all to stay in touch, surely? I think this is starting to happen.

So, Bravo!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
John-boy,What a Good Start! I like the fact that owner,s of different car,s are sharing,& airing their passion,s on the Forum,and the ease with which you can communicate with other,s is great ...........................DJZ 60.

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
Great forum. I've only been using it for afew months but i think i'm hooked now.
Found the advice i've sort helpful, enjoyed reading the other threads (even if they don't relate to my car or area)
Met afew people a Billing i've spoke to on here.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Do you think, with more people using the forum,This forum could end up as a Forum to be reckoned with? I,m hooked too & feel you can learn something new everyday,& feel part of somthing we can be proud of.....................DJZ 60.

toopy

Club Member
Generally 'check in' a few times a day, especially if i'm at work!
its good to get several peoples views/advice from the forum when you've posted a question
and the forum activity has been slowly increasing so things can only get better and better.
It's also the best place for upto date info on meetings/shows etc...i think it's important people can see what's going on even if they can't attend :D

Anthony :)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
After two years from when it was launched it would now appear that the forum is now begining to start to move.

Since the begining of July we are now getting approx 50 people viewing a day with approx 50/60 posts a day.

I think the thing that started to get people looking in was the thread about parts sales at Billing that also started at the begining of July

this thread was to me what a good forum is all about as it contained views from members ,humour, questions and also prompted a possable new annual event.

A forum is a bit like catch 22
without people posting new people want want to post and don't want to come back and then the people who were posting get fed up posting and no one replying and then they stop posting

like I say it has taken two years to get this far and now the ball
has started to roll it will get better and better

At the moment we have almost solved the problem of how to send out a mass mail and once the couple of bugs are sorted out we it is intended to send out a mothly reminderer of club events to all the registered members of the forum, it is hoped that this will encourage some of them to look in more often

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
That,s coming from the top. I,d like this to be 'The Forum'. How, can this be achieved? Steve has given the figure,s it,s on the up,and we are worldwide! Let,s hear the Voices.....DJZ 60.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
John-Boy, is it banter or am I just being grumpy ?

Steve, before you sent out any 'mothly reindeers' to registered members, might it be constructive and seen to be democratic to ask those active members what they'd like 'reindeered' to the less active ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Generally I find this forum very useful and entertaining. It sometimes gets a bit personal and trivial but then these 'posts' are often the funniest! It is a very dynamic way of sharing experiences, information and club activities.

It's also a way interacting with other club members and promoting/building the club spirit. The magazine is great and club 'meets' are an essential social occassion for those who want this from the club. The forum adds to these and in my view has taken the club on from when I joined about 7 years ago. The down-side of this communications revolution is that we now exchange ideas and keep in contact through emails and not face to face via our local 'meets'. That's why events like Japfest, Billing etc. are so important because we make a special effort to attend.

An improvement that could be made is what Steve Burns suggested a while back and that is to group the technical threads together or insert some kind of link to similar topics. For example we often get questions about upgrades to carbs, brakes, diffs etc which have been asked before and answered. If that is too onerous how about a FAQ section.

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
not that i'm into forum / chat room bollox, this is by far the best thing I've ever been on..EASILY!!!.... nice one.

Simon.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Originally posted by Rob Gaskin
If that is too onerous how about a FAQ section.
did start to post up Faqs in faq section but with most things club related , time seems to take control and run out

anyone out there willing to take on faq section

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I would like the see another general topic Non-Z related where all sorts of "trivial/personal etc topics could be discussed eg F1, my cats arse is itching him, what should I annoint him with, did you see Norway winning last nights' Eurovision song contest , you stunned him - Norwegian Blues stun easily etc, etc

If it wasn't for this site, my wonderful life over here would lack something, Steve probably ! My best way to keep in touch with my friends and make new ones !

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Originally posted by SeanDezart
I would like the see another general topic Non-Z related where all sorts of "trivial/personal etc topics could be discussed

Your wish is my command oh great bald one:D

Its done

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Can I have another three wishes please , And is the jacketed sanglier buzzing around chasing flies yet ?

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Wise word,s and also request,s as to what can be added to make this forum have the edge on other Forum,s. In such a short space of time I have got to know a lot of people,all with individual personalties & character. I feel knowing someone to speak to on the Forum enhance,s the friendship when one actually meet,s them at a event or meet. What else can other user,s come up with?...............................................DJZ 60.

irishzlad

Well-Known Forum User
mmmm, wouldn't mind seeing more action in the 280zx section, and more technical postings, but all in all a good forum and nice people

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The more chatch on this forum, the better ! I don't mind if I never meet up with those I post with but I agree, it melts the ice immediately when one finally meets up !

If you want more action in the 280 section, stir it up a bit ! When I've the readys to do up Cathys' 2 seater, I willbe there !
It's getting better, but thezre was a while when if MikeF answered someones question, no-one else bothered ! Nothing against Mike, you are the guru, but there are others out there who've done other things / had other experiences and it's a shame not to share them !