Plans for your Z in 2011

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ok guys it's deadly quiet on here so let's share our plans for our Zs in 2011.

I intend to:

Fix my fuel system (move pump to proper place at back, replace the pressure regulator because current one is faulty, fit new needle valves in carbs because rear one floods).

Fit my camber plates and set-up the geometry at last.

I might:

Lighten it a bit more - more fibreglass (doors at least) and remove heater.

I would like to:

Fit a bias brake system but this isn't certain to happen because I don't want the car immobile for any length of time. Currently busy on house improvements so not worked on the car for a while.

johnymd

Club Member
Drive, drive, drive.

Convert to CV halfshafts.
Get a few more gauges working (still only water temp at the moment).
Finish the cage and get the interior back in.
Replace the rad.
Carbon roof.
Replace the diff.
Fit electric front brake line lock.

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Hmm,,mostly underneath the ol z31 :) new bushes everywhere,,rear half exhaust, brake rotors ( near impossible to find for a pre facelift z31 by the way ) thank god i can run a turret mill lol. interior bits and bobs such as new locks and ignition switch due to an attempted break in :( thinking about spacers , but not gonna go much lower , as had nightmare with one i tried to lower a while back (handling sucked) Then comes the blower and nitrous ,,possibly with an old ford 9" Diff with a locker :eek: :rolleyes:

tel240z

Club Member
Fit powwer steering (already started)

Brake bias valve

Alloy crossflow rad (ta Gwyn)

280z vented bonnet

Then lots of:driving:

peterdbrave

Forum User
power steering up grade,
alarm, elec windows, stereo,
central locking, elec rad fan,
body work body work body work
to start with

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So, having fitted and had lots of experience driving with two different typês of power-steering - what are you guys going for ?

I'm currently buying all my bits but a diff, wheels and maybe gearbox change are in the planning, fitting a roll-cage and going way lighter with the best panels and 'glass' available, heated front screen, 'new' seats, some cute djs30 parts and a head upgrade probably necessitating a carb upgrade to at least 48s.
Oh, and a complete respray.....so I think not all of it will happen this year but let's say 18 months !

Getting older is getting Mina.....trimmer....and faster - gotta keep up with all these 'fashonable' swapsies !

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Get the Z finished as the next project is just around the corner deposit paid.

Blimey Dave :eek:.

Sean is that a gearbox upgrade or a maintenance need. I had three S13 'boxes in my car last year - the first broke, and I knackered reverse on the second box a week after fitting it. Current box cost me £56 off ebay - took me to Le Mans ok and a couple of trackdays. It's staying in for a while I hope!

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
Plans for 2011

Happy new year to you all , Plans for 2011 , New 45 webers ,,Cold air induction system . Plus a Quaiffe Diff , also a trip to to rolling road to set it all up . Have a few more plans but will get this done first .

Phil :driving:

surreyseagull

Well-Known Forum User
v8 twin turbo..nitrous.carbon fibre body.lots of bling bling from arizona z.6 pot brakes.massive wheels...but thats all after getting the git started and running on regular basis.haha

RobZ32

Well-Known Forum User
Had some race seats for christmas so will be fitting them and selling the standard leather ones. Also have to change the clutch bearing before I start using it again.

martinmac

Inactive
Having got mine running again I intend to park mine next to as many others asI can as often as I can.

Oh, and its changing colour. ;)

Dale

Club Member
Mine is simply to get it back on the road; I haven't driven it for over a year now and I miss it badly.

It'll cost though. *cries*

Huw

Club Member
Happy New Year to you all, plans Mmmmmmm where to start.
Get the door skins finished,
Finish preparing the shell for spraying.
Bolt on all the refurbished running gear.
Get it painted.
Then think about the inside and the engine....

Chances of getting there........ slim

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Blimey Dave :eek:.

Sean is that a gearbox upgrade or a maintenance need. I had three S13 'boxes in my car last year - the first broke, and I knackered reverse on the second box a week after fitting it. Current box cost me £56 off ebay - took me to Le Mans ok and a couple of trackdays. It's staying in for a while I hope!

An upgrade Rob ;) and you get what you pay for I find and I hope so too for you - they do work better with a lightened flywheel and serious clutch.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
An upgrade Rob ;) and you get what you pay for I find and I hope so too for you - they do work better with a lightened flywheel and serious clutch.

Sean my cheap one has earned it's keep already. :thumbs:

I have a lightened standard flywheel and Centreforce 2 clutch.

peterdbrave

Forum User
So, having fitted and had lots of experience driving with two different typês of power-steering - what are you guys going for ?

Sean im going for the corsa b version it suits my pocket and i hope to
do the work myself:smash:

Last edited by a moderator:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i have big plans but not big money,main thing is to finish welding and get it sent for dipping ,paint the inside,engine bay and underneath and test fit the panels and fit the running gear so that it is at least a rolling shell