Where the club funds are spent

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
In View of a series of posts that highjacked the Z010 event thread they have been moved to this thread to clean thatone up and to revert it back to the topic that it was meant for

Chas

Z Club Member
Is this a Z Club event, or can we expect someone to ask for £5 again to be there?

Chas

Z Club Member
So Steve, where does all the membership money go, as we have no mag, we to pay to get into billing and that field up in Nottingham, I'm suprised we are not charged to used the web site.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
£321.86 loss for the year ending 31/12/2009
I will post up financial summary tommorrow so you can see where the money goes
There was also a comprensive yearly account sheet distributed at the AGM at Zedfest in September and also a brief extract from it in the minutes posted on the forum by Rob Gaskin recently
If you read the info posted up you will see were the money is spent
Were do you think the cost of the airfresheners lanyards membership cards pens stickers taxdisc holders postage /packaging etc etc that goes in the membership pack comes from also pays for the public liability insurance the display stuff that has been brought this year, website costs, membership expenses, trophies oh and not lets forget the calander that has been sent out to all members plus the postage on this

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
:mad:
___________________________________________________________________________________
You are not being ungrateful are you Chas?????

Chas

Z Club Member
So why are we only charging £15 membership, if that not enough to run the club with, why did we reduce the amount from £20 (I think that was what it first came down to when we stopped producing a mag). Secondly what business minded person decided to produce and give away a calender if we are running at a loss.

zbloke

Club Member
Field up in Nottingham

Apparently if you time your arrival at the field to coincide with the start of the AGM there is no one on the gate to pay so you effectively get in free................through no fault of your own............so I have been told........

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkwright

Inactive
do we take that as a confession and therefore a promise to re-emburse the club for services obtained without payment?:p:thumbs:

R

rat

Keep up good work steve , the majority appreciate all time and effort you put in and how well club is run :thumbs: :bow:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Thanks for those words bud but enough of this (was going to say bollocks but thought better of it) later tonight I am going to transfer a lot of posts that do not relate to the purpose of this thread to a new seperate thread to keep it on topic

S

Saz

Incidentally it was me that came up with the idea of £5 fee before Zclub even had any involvement in the event, this was to make sure that the charity event was a fruitful event for the charity, so if anything blame me and my wisdom for that one.

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
I'm quite happy to pay money towards the clubs upkeep, I'm not so happy giving my money to charities though, The reason is that most of them use a lot of the money to pay high wages for managers a fleet of new company cars plus fancy offices keep in one of the most expensive city in the world (London).

I used to give quite a bit of money to charities until I did a bit more research on where my money was going.

As far as the club goes if it is in arrears I'd quite happily pay more.

Rob

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
End of year financial report so you can see where the monies go
The £1015.45 cost for the calander is included in the Membership expenses

If we had not spent the surplus money on the calander we would have had a tax bill of £145.65 and as this shows we now will not have to pay the taxman anything

but what do I know as i am only a non business minded person

2009summary.jpg

S

Saz

Charity aside, would you all be happy paying towards a marquee, club barbecue etc at events you will not be attending?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I'm quite happy to pay money towards the clubs upkeep, I'm not so happy giving my money to charities though, The reason is that most of them use a lot of the money to pay high wages for managers a fleet of new company cars plus fancy offices keep in one of the most expensive city in the world (London).

I used to give quite a bit of money to charities until I did a bit more research on where my money was going.

As far as the club goes if it is in arrears I'd quite happily pay more.

Rob

Hi Rob
Firstly the club is not in arrears as you posted prior to you seeing the financial report that I was posting up as you posting which as you will see shows it in a very health position but thank you for your offer to pay more if we were in arrears

Also please be assured that none of the clubs actual funds are donated to charity

The only monies donated to charity is any monies that are left after the clubs costs are extracted from the monies raised at Z010 and that goes to Canser research

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Saz the club will be as before be paying for the hire of the marque etc etc as in previous years and the cost of the outlay will be deducted from the monies raised from the event the same as has happened in the previous years

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Lay off Chas will yer 'cos he's not a trouble maker by nature...........some of you would think that I should know !

Any reflections and questions relating to club monies should NOT be taken as a direct attack on the treasurer as a person or his club function - if members can't ask, don't publish accounts !

Whether the club has ample funds or not, it shouldn't be running at a loss although perhaps that was due in 2009 to a lot of nice show material being bought - perhaps 2010 will show a positive year ?

I agree that if £15 isn't enough to keep the club positive, then raise it to a modest, sustainable level OR reduce outlays.

Reassuring to see that committee members' expense were ridiculously low - I'm sure that they lost more out of their pockets so bravo for the good spirit.

I wonder what the committee thinks should be done with the substantial balance ?

I'd like to see more promotion of the cars as car ownershp promotes club membership.