Wheel Choice

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
After 22 years of Z ownership I am still messing around with different wheels, when I bought my present 240 I fitted new 8 x15 minilites & tyres, then decided to replace these with 8 x 16 rota wheels as fitted to moggy's Z, but now I am looking at changing them again this time for 9 x 15 enkies, what do you recon ? I need to get something sorted as it is costing me a fortune in wheels & tyres each time I change my mind. Many people who have seen my car with the rota's on say they are too modern, my mrs hates them & I'm in two minds. :confused:

There are so many different wheel patterns available today. Going back to when the Z first appeared there wasn't that choice. I've always thought minilites are the Mutts but the Z always looks good on Wolfrace. At the end of the day it's down to personal preference.

All of the wheels you mention look good, however 9" :eek:

As you know you don't need them that big and it's an expensive hobby changing them.

Keep your money for a rainy day, I'm sure your car looks just fine. I focus more on the tyres, even just 195's can give a 240 plenty of grip for most needs.

wasn't the guy who built the rally car that came to Zed - Fest last year selling Watanabes that he had started to manufacture?

edit: just had a look through my old papers. It's Kobi - Seiko wheels that he is producing replicas of. I do have an email addy and phone no if anyone's interested pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have them on both my cars one is 14x7.5 F/R the other is 16x8 F/R Though I wished I had gone a bit wider on the rear for the 16" .

I got them about 2 years ago when I was down in OZ so they were still expensive but not as bad as now....

C

Attachments

• Datsun2.jpg
    Datsun2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
  • P1020563.jpg
    P1020563.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 82
Just making a point - 195 all round, 6" front, 6.5" rear.

For road use 9" without power steering must be really heavy. Also 'rolling resistance' will be high and if you are running increased neg camber uneven tyre wear could be an issue.

Of course I realise it is looks that you are after but worth considerg the above too.

Rob, you do realise that you are only interested in going round corners quickly ( and safely ), but what these guys are looking for is the "Pose" value !

It's a Generation thing........

Yeh, I'm sounding like my dad did when I was younger! :unsure:

I have two car-mad lads in their early 20's, so I know the importance of nice wheels.

After 22 years of Z ownership I am still messing around with different wheels, when I bought my present 240 I fitted new 8 x15 minilites & tyres, then decided to replace these with 8 x 16 rota wheels as fitted to moggy's Z, but now I am looking at changing them again this time for 9 x 15 enkies, what do you recon ? I need to get something sorted as it is costing me a fortune in wheels & tyres each time I change my mind. Many people who have seen my car with the rota's on say they are too modern, my mrs hates them & I'm in two minds. :confused:

Any chance of some pic's for comparison, i'm looking at changing my wheels in the near future so could possibly help out! :D
:driving:

All of the wheels you mention look good, however 9" :eek:

As you know you don't need them that big and it's an expensive hobby changing them.

Keep your money for a rainy day, I'm sure your car looks just fine. I focus more on the tyres, even just 195's can give a 240 plenty of grip for most needs.

Rob I have already bought a set of enkies I owned prevously back again. Yes 9" most of the sets you see are 9" I did have an 8" set but the offset was wrong. In the mid 90's I had a lowered 240 (my daily driver for 3 years) fitted with a set of 9" enkies, tyres where Bridgestone 225 50 15 had no issues with uneven tyre wear & the steering was not too heavy.

I'm sure you have but have a look at the image wheels website any offset you want and size but expensive as well

Rob, you do realise that you are only interested in going round corners quickly ( and safely ), but what these guys are looking for is the "Pose" value !

It's a Generation thing........

"Pose" value ? :D as we know a nice set of wheels really do set a car off, for me the minilite's etc have become as common place as wolfies where in the early days & the rota's as I said before are too modern for my taste. I have toyed with getting a set of image wheels made up but can't justify (afford :() them at the moment. So I will go with the enkies for now. My mrs says to me I don't know what you want all these wheels for the f*****g thing never goes anywhere anyway. :lol: :lol:

for me the minilite's etc have become as common place as wolfies where in the early days & the rota's as I said before are too modern for my taste.

I'm sure you cross a Minilited or even Wolfied Z every time you leave the house - common as muck !

But there aint that many with real Minilites mate and only one over here !;)

I'm sure you have but have a look at the image wheels website any offset you want and size but expensive as well

Decided to fit the enkies for now & save me pennies for a set of image wheels to the spec I want, they are pricey but much cheaper than compomotive.

I'm sure you cross a Minilited or even Wolfied Z every time you leave the house - common as muck !

But there aint that many with real Minilites mate and only one over here !;)

I changed my real Minilites because I though the Rota wheels looked cool but the novelty soon wore off so I have decided to join the shiney rim brigade again instead. :p :D

Back