What didn't you know about your zed?

MarkH

Well-Known Forum User
C'mon spill the beans, after owning your car for a little while, what snippet of info has surprised you?

Apart from my first ownership that took me ages to work out what the side under-dash pull knobs did (every time I stopped and tried - nothing happened), that it doesn't rain in when the window is open, that at least one dash bulb falls out when you've checked them all and that every S30 has the body creases on the transmission tunnel in front of the tool-kit boxes........that every S30 has the threaded holes on the rear wheel-arches for race and/or rally works cages - thanks Count !

Nicest snippet is that on the whole, most Z owners are nice people and most of my best friends now !

Ok on the Z32 when you turn off the wipers they don't switch off immediately, because they retract further below the bonnet for better aerodynamics.

240Z hatches work in a similar ingenious way.........

The wipers also catch you out - you switch them off and they wipe over once more before flopping down and wearing out the rubber screen trim.

I put up with an uncomfortable driving position for over a year before realizing the seat base had a tilt adjust. In the helpful words of a former boss of mine; "Is that something you should have known about?"

Yes.

Z31 bonnets are supposed to stay up when opened, this surprised me :-D

You mean after me owning 3 z31's your now telling me the bonnet is actually spose to stay up without the peice of wood in the boot included in every sale ??? :eek::lol::lol: reminds me of another thing to put on the extensive list for mr F :D

....that every S30 has the threaded holes on the rear wheel-arches for race and/or rally works cages...

I'm not familiar with the S30 in anyway but are you sure the treaded holes aren't for rear seat belts in the 2+2? They could be generic arches. Just an idea.

The thing that most surprised me about my Z31 is that nobody, including people in the motor trade are aware of its existence. I love it when people flat out tell me its not a 300zx. :lol:

"... the book says the 300zx was made between 1990 & 1996, are you sure you dont mean 200sx?"

What's surprised me about my car is that it's supposed to be an early 260 but has every bit of susp/brakes that should be fitted to a 240 and that includes the doors and the diff.

Rob

i never realised how much money i would end up spending on my car:eek:

How much I still want to fiddle with it :D

Same here !!!! the attraction seems to last many years longer than fiddling with a good woman :D oh then again I used to change my Z's every couple of years & start all over again :lol:.

What's surprised me about my car is that it's supposed to be an early 260 but has every bit of susp/brakes that should be fitted to a 240 and that includes the doors and the diff.
Rob

Early 260's where the same as 240's apart from some slight changes here & there !!! its the late 260 that is different. All the points you mention are the same with 240 & early 260 apart from the diff maybe, but I'm pretty sure my mates early 260 had an R180 diff also.

Early 260's where the same as 240's apart from some slight changes here & there !!! its the late 260 that is different. All the points you mention are the same with 240 & early 260 apart from the diff maybe, but I'm pretty sure my mates early 260 had an R180 diff also.

OK fella.

Mike thought that the brakes and diff should of been different same goes for the steering rack that is also a 240 rack, But at least I know what car to order bits for now lol, I've just ordered a set of lowering springs for it and received the adjustable strut inserts, Both for a 240.

Rob

Back