Still want a GTR ?

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not sure what that video is supposed to prove - rolling starts where none of the cars line up ??

I'll take the 911.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i would still have the GT-R as the door mouldings were missing on the BMW

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
I love the GTR but the Porsche is better built and would hold it's value better in the long run, But if i had to choose out of those 3 I'd take the BMW all day long because it's a classic shape and you'd never expect it to be so quick. On the other hand it's probably so modified it would be hard to live with on a daily basses, So I'd have the GTR for going to the shops and back and the BMW for weekends.

And leave the Porker for over paid fat bastards who think they own the roads lol.

Rob

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
porsche are **** build q **** relabilety **** no service history down 50per cent on value over priced german dustin always has been

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
porsche are **** build q **** relabilety **** no service history down 50per cent on value over priced german dustin always has been

And there, Ladies and Gentlemen, are the words of a man who knows what he's talking about.

Unfortunately, nobody else knows what he's talking about....

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Personally I love the concept of sleepers and the E30 is my favourite shape of BMW. However I would have the GTR over all of them. Besides the Porsche is still a VW Beetle in my eyes ;)

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Running costs of the GT-R are brutal

I loved mine but hated the money I spent on servicing and tyres etc in 18 months and 180000 miles it cost me 3 sets of tyres at 2k a set. 3 services at 3k, a screen at 1400 quid, new brakes all round at 5k.

Made of Cheese.

My 997 RS cost me £350 for one service at 2 yrs old.....I sold it at 3yrs old.....god I miss that car.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Running costs of the GT-R are brutal

What GT-R?

vipergts said:
.....in 18 months and 180000 miles it cost me 3 sets of tyres at 2k a set. 3 services at 3k, a screen at 1400 quid, new brakes all round at 5k.

So, let's get this straight. You did 180,00 miles in the car in 18 months ( wow ), you only used 3 sets of tyres, you only gave it 3 services, you needed one new 'screen and you put a new set of brakes on it.

That's 60k miles between services ( wow ), 60k miles on a set of tyres ( wow ) and you hardly used the brakes ( coo ). Bad luck with the 'screen, huh?

My brain is made of Cheese.

Fixed that for you.