Skiddy lifting !

I preferred the previous look:eek:

I"ll get my coat.....:smash:

Sorry Steve, Pete but I agree - it's just drab and forlorn. Perhaps it looks different 'in the flesh'.

I know it's a modern look but no colour, shine or stainless makes it like a stealth bomber - is that what you were after?

I preferred this look:

Attachments

• Donington 016.jpg
    Donington 016.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
rear wheels look they are a million miles to far forward or is it the picture angle? Should have bought a 2+2 :devil:

Neither Steve or me give two hoots about what any of you think of the car.
We didnt ask for any advice before we built it and we sure dont need it afterwards.

However this is a public forum so I appreciate your collective rights to discuss anything you want.
Carry on.
There are a few members who have expressed interest in the project as it has developed and it is for them that I posted the brief description and final pics.
I get all the same kind of comments elsewhere about my Z32 slicktop so I was expecting the same thing with Steves car.

Fair play to the both of you for doing what you want to do
It is Steve's Car and all paid for by him with his hard earned so he has done what he wants to do with it and if people don't like it tough
I was one of the Members who was pestering for final pics etc and I love it and can not wait to see it in the flesh and out on the strip

I am so relieved some of you don't like it, I really am, it means I have avoided the tartan blanket and picnic basket of mediocrity :p

Maybe I should have painted it sh1ty orange and brown and stuck poorly matched webers on it.....oh hang on thats been done

Grolls, theres no adjustment back there........so its the angle plus the flares

Mr Burns thanks for that, i would like to add that Pete and I did all of the work (except the paint) , no cheque books in sight, not many on here can claim that.

And it may not be the drag strip you see it on but it will be competing in a race series next year ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so relieved you don't like it, I really am, it means I have avoided the tartan blanket and picnic basket of mediocrity and Rob your "dull" comment is so ironic.

Grolls, theres no adjustment back there........so its the angle plus the flares

I never said I didn't like it, I simply asked a question because the picture looked wrong as it showed the car out of proportion and im sure that is not the case in real life. The retort of " tartan blanket and picnic basket" is however an unnecessary slagging of a 2+2, nowt more than I would expect from this forum hence why I decided not to re join a club that has its routes grounded to those who have their thumbs firmly shoved up their preferably mines better than yours. Exactly why this club has to fight to keep its members.

On saying that, I wish you all the best in your ventures to build the car you desire...... because I'm like that!!!!!

Pete and I did all of the work,
Well I did have a go at matte grey painting... but it wasnt quite good enough:eek: so we did ask Gary Bellamy at GB vehicles to re do it.:bow:

Grolls, I am well aware you didnt say you didnt like it ;), the comment was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the "its a bit drab" brigade :D

My comment re a traten blanket is directed at the "same ol same ol" crew that sit in fields and polish chrome

The only comment direct at you was re the camera angle

Grolls, I am well aware you didnt say you didnt like it ;), the comment was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the "its a bit drab" brigade :D

My comment re a traten blanket is directed at the "same ol same ol" crew that sit in fields and polish chrome

The only comment direct at you was re the camera angle

Cool and ta. PM noted and thanks

Cool and ta. PM noted and thanks

A little over-sensitive aren't you ? Bad weather = not enough barbies and beer ?:rolleyes:

Personally I like it - it's Steve's (notice how I wrote that please), it makes a statement and I'm please to read that it'll be tracking more than before, competition even - time-attack' ?

If it were mine, I'd have :

fitted matt-black wheels.
not blacked-out the shiny trim (to remind everyone being beaten that it IS a pre-'80s car !).
buffed up the ducts in the front spoiler before I let my mate diffuse photograhs :rolleyes:
considered airducts to the brakes if 'tracking' but perhaps that's already planned and unfitted as yet ?

Grey does seem to be 'dans la mode' atm....here's one Martin's just finished and being enjoyed by its' new owners. Lovely how the same car can be tailored to each persons' desires.:cool:

Attachments

• image montagne.jpg
    image montagne.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 35
I like it skids,nuts to the others its your car to do wot you like with,better looking than Pmacs thingy and don't forget the tin of boiled sweets for trolls estate z,as nice as it is

Its refreshing to see a different car and great that your going to use it as it deserves. We all like different things and that's what makes us human. It will get masses of attention wherever it goes which is great for the marque. Its engineering excellence and uniqueness amongst zeds will soon get the attention of a few magazines and it won't surprise me to see it in one.

Well done the pair of you. When are we going out to play?

When are we going out to play?

Well Im probably going to York on Sunday... weather dependent.
Steve may possibly make an outing this year but the main focus is for 2016.
There is still some work to get it "track ready"and as always we have been delayed ..often by circumstances beyond our control.
The plan over winter also incudes getting son in law's 2L Corsa track ready as well.
If time/circumstances permit we may be involved in another rally S30 build too.

Back