show/swapmeet/sale, Nottinghamshire

Arkwright

Inactive
Having read the comments about Billing I would be willing to organise a show, swapmeet, sale or whatever near Mansfield, Notts. I have a particular venue in mind owned by a local charity who would expect a small donation. I have already spoken to the manager who is very pro such an event. A large level and secure field is available, ideal for camping (ablutions basic!) you can set out stalls, exhibit cars either for a day or weekend as needs dictate.
If the club is in agreement I will pursue the matter further for a one or two day event in Sept or October. The site is 10 minutes from jn 26 M1, 30 mins from A1, or very near jn A614 A6097. Please let me know your views on this. My phone no. if I am allowed to give it, 01623-794048

Sounds excellent but the sooner the better before the real winter weather sets in!

Wes

Derek I,m in...............Take into consideration the weather as,Wes has already highlighted. This year has been rain after rain,soggy field,s and all that! Also on the A46 Leicester to Nottingham,There,s a place Called " Six Hill,s" who accomadate car group,s encompassing a very large carpark , Bar, display & stall ,s Facilitie,s . If You like I can get in touch with it,s London owner,s. This venue isnt to far from your other venue. But is fully tarmacced........................DJZ 60.

its a nice idea but there is still the public liability to take into consideration and under some EURO directive you may have to have it ,so it would be better if we knew exactly where we stand before going ahead.

with regard to my proposal the site is a level mowed grass field of about 1.5 acres surrounded by a 2m high chain link fence & with padlocked gates. Access can be gain4ed with vcaravans & small vans. Clean toilets with hot & cold water available. Midway between 2 villages with the usual pubs restaurants & takeaways 10 min walk (30 stagger back!) The owner has public liability insurance but asks if we as a club have this judging by the comments on the Billing page I fear not. However I have taken advice on this. the owners PLI will cover us. If we need to take out our own PLI I can arrange it for £55 per event. An individual person selling second hand bits does not require PLI but a person who makes his living from it does. There is no UK law or EEC ruling that says you must have it but common sense dictates.

If you want me to carry on any weekend in Sept except 18/19 is available .

Please give me some feedback I have read a load of crap about Billing & insurance and only received 3 replied so far.

Derek thank,s for your research & info,"ref:Swapmeet,Notts.This seems to be the most potentially happening event,suitable for all the people that are waiting for somebody to lead the way,and organise such an event.A request to all interested, Please reply,give feedback to set the ball rolling.this is the only way Derek can take measures towards setting the date etc. etc...............P.S sorry about "crap"! on Moggy,s thread...............................................DJZ 60.

Derek, I would support this event, bring my 240, a wallet and maybe some spares for sale.

Good Luck.

I'd definitely be up for a meet and rummage. When's the autumn club mag due out? Would it be too late to get an advert/message in there so that the non-webby members can hear about it as well?

Cheers,
Rob

PERHAPS THIS COULD REPLACE BILLING AND BE A PERMAMENT FIXTURE ON THE Z CALENDER,I WOULD TURN UP IN MY CAR AND HAVE SPARES IN ANOTHER CAR ,ITS ONLY ABOUT HOUR AND HALF FOR ME TO GET THERE I WOULD THINK.

Thank,s to all that have replied.......where,s everyone else???? " SWAPMEET"Nottingham....Feedback appreciated..........................DJZ 60.

Might be a bit far for me but who knows. It seems that most the z activity in the country is in the Midlands, so I had better get used to it:)

Andrew

Hi,Abas, we need to confirm one, to set the ball rolling for other such function,s & in fareness , Dearest,Mr.F has suggested a south-East venue for those interested. Perhap,s a quarterly event such as this in all parts, of the country ( local group,s)coinsiding with the release of the Z club Magazine. I understand what you are saying and Perhap,s a Scottish meet would be to far for me as would cornwall..............DJZ 60

Hi Derek,
I would be keen to attend an event in the Mansfield area as I live in Worksop.
I will be on holiday from Sept30th untill 15th October but would attend any other date.

John

I would be interested in this event, but due to a holiday and my birthday, October probably isn't good for me.

What's the charity and what would be considered a reasonable donation ?

HI, Zedhead. Good to have you onboard , you may have to call Derek for the requested detail,s. Derek,s contact number is at start of this thread., & hopefully a suitable date can be arranged for everyone.hope this goes ahead it sound,s like a very good event, & certainly up for it...............DJZ 60.

Back