Should the chatbox be demolished

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
In my view the demolition crew should knock the place down as no one uses the thing anyway only newish visitors and then as no one bothers to look at it their queries /posts are ignored

Blow thing out the water I say but hey its your club and its what you all want that matters

May aswell replace it

Then use the space to show the latest or random images from the gallery

Get rid of it as it's not a "chat" room any way as even when nebies see people online they don't get a chat room response and will feel ignored. Get shot of it or if you do keep it change the name so as to negate any confusion.

Oh happy new year.

If it was on the front page it might get more use but it is deeper in the site so I vote to get rid of it and make better use of the space (just don't ask me what to replace it with).

Lose it. Like everyone's noticed, it only ever gets used by new visitors who ask a question and then get upset at the lack of a reply.

what about in its place a random box display of articles that are avaiable to paid up members
like the crude attachment below and the boxes cahanged all the time to show what is hidden away in the members section
don't ask me how you do it though as not my bag

Attachments

• web banner.jpg
    web banner.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 20
It's a good idea Steve. I'm sure it can be done because it'll use the same structure as the 'top ten new threads' bit on the homepage. It'd be a case of getting vBulletin to only look at the articles section and displaying the title name of the article.

Almost an entire thread and no Input from Sean??? Wow has your "zip it" wish worked? lol

Almost an entire thread and no Input from Sean??? Wow has your "zip it" wish worked? lol

Aha - THAT was my cunning plan - to lead you all into a false of security !:devil:

Keep the chat-box BUT create a front page before the current one as a stylish 'welcome' page with options to move direct to the fourom, chat, photos, and links to events, classifieds.

Or tidy up the current 'front page' because it's too busy !

So, better organise the front' welcome page' (it looks like a closed, private club for the moment - no wonder newbies feel 'out of it') then decide to lose what was once a wished-for option !

It's perhaps not the chat-box' fault that no-one uses it as should but the genral presentation.............

What does pi* me off are the new and replied to classifieds taking up the space in the far right-hand column of new or latest topics !

That and the photo memory limit that one can upload !

Two things to fix before removing something that perhaps could be better exploited !

Best bet with something like this is to disable it and see if anyone complains. 99% of people are not bothered if it lives or dies.

Just bin it.

Back