Return Fuel Line on Triple Webers

Fastededdie

Club Member
0D1098B2-2626-4C52-B577-156B075DBE4C.jpeg Hi it's ages since I last came on here. Been moving house and loads of other stuff. When I fitted the triple webers I did not use the return line I think I read it is not needed. But as I am getting my Mojo back to work on my car and get her to another level I think I will put one on the end of the fuel line. But she runs amazing with a few pops from the exhaust as can be expected from such carbs. What do you guys think, should I really put the line back on?
All the air tuning intake is good and not variable. Like I've set that at 4.5 at idle. All 3 read the same so I am guessing adding the return line is't going to make a great deal of difference ?

I am also thinking of putting a fuel Cell in as the old tank is on the way out and replacements are £1000s

Attachments

• 5686BECD-761D-4E82-9591-B8E9AC357B67.jpeg
    5686BECD-761D-4E82-9591-B8E9AC357B67.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
You can get new tanks now for sensible money.

how are you regulating fuel pressure? A return line would be a good idea, you could regulate after the carbs and feed back on the return after the carbs. It’ll also help with fuel movement, lessen fuel sludge while keeping the fuel a little cooler also.

how are you regulating fuel pressure? A return line would be a good idea, you could regulate after the carbs and feed back on the return after the carbs. It’ll also help with fuel movement, lessen fuel sludge while keeping the fuel a little cooler also.

Regulate AFTER the carbs ?

Fuel slugde - isn't that what fuel filters are for ?

Fuel returning won't cool fuel arriving....where the temperature counts.

a bypass regulator and return after the carbs is considered the best setup I think.

Without a return, or with the return before the carbs, the fuel in the lines before the carbs heats up more than it otherwise would.

You can get new tanks now for sensible money.

Guess I will now have to get a good regulator. And what pressure should I set it to? I do get some pops from the carb but they need setting up again as the cars been sat for ages. Also where is the best place to get a new tank?
Thanks

The fuel is constantly flowing so it’s cooler .
a bypass regulator and return after the carbs is considered the best setup I think.

Without a return, or with the return before the carbs, the fuel in the lines before the carbs heats up more than it otherwise would.

Guess I will now have to get a good regulator. And what pressure should I set it to? I do get some pops from the carb but they need setting up again as the cars been sat for ages. Also where is the best place to get a new tank?
Thanks
regulate at 2 or 3 psi.

I had fitted a return line to mine when I first fitted the Weber's, when I went to the rolling road I was advised to block it off , So I did

been like that for a few years now with now problems at all

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_102750.jpg
    IMG_20200502_102750.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 15
Great made an easy decision for me . No return. Keep it simples . So happy with the Webers I love the way they’ve livened the car up . Thanks for all your advice .

I had fitted a return line to mine when I first fitted the Weber's, when I went to the rolling road I was advised to block it off , So I did

been like that for a few years now with now problems at all

Why was that? was it regulated? if you're providing 3psi, regulating after the carbs, you never risk over pressuring the carbs, also it'll maintain 3psi at max use.

Back