Race prepped short engine on eBay

I've seen a few items for sale by 'nuttynigel'. Do we know who he is, a member perhaps?

His adverts don't inspire confidence for me, perhaps I'm just a bit sceptical. On this advert for example I would want to see a close-up of the pistons and sump. Also what bore and stroke is it and how about condition? Then to say it would go for scrap seems a bit strange.

Thanks for the link though Mike.

I looked at this engine when I bought a roof skin from this guy, He wanted £500 for it back then but it just looked a bit tatty and unloved, It might be perfectly OK but I'd of had to have it taken apart and rebuilt so I didn't see the point as I can do that from scratch with another engine anyway.

The guy Nigel himself seems like a good guy and knows a fair bit about z's, The engine just didn't make sense to me as you couldn't just chuck it in with out worrying about it all the time.

Rob

He also has a 280z gearbox listed......again, not proven!! agree, does seem a bit strange that he is hard on price but will scrap if not sold!!

Or maybe he's been messed about with on Ebay and has thrown in the comment 'scrap' to gee up serious bidders - sounds like he's pissed off - I would be too if I'd bought a 911 !

Nice mention of a local engine builder - so a quick call to 'The Man' might 'prove' the engine as he'll remember the client !

I've seen a few items for sale by 'nuttynigel'. Do we know who he is, a member perhaps?

His adverts don't inspire confidence for me, perhaps I'm just a bit sceptical. On this advert for example I would want to see a close-up of the pistons and sump. Also what bore and stroke is it and how about condition? Then to say it would go for scrap seems a bit strange.

Thanks for the link though Mike.

I don't understand the scrap comment either. Surely lowering the price to get ebay interest going and bids makes more sense.

Well folks i've had a rather unpleasant experience with 'Nutty Nigel' through eBay last year about a 280ZX gearbox he was selling.Without going into too much (slanderous) detail the deal that he promised just didn't happen.Another Z owner from Blackpool also has a story to tell about a Z roof panel but i'll let him recite that one himself!
He does seem to have good Z knowledge and can 'drop' a few names but all i'll say is that if a deal seems too good to be true then it inevitably it isn't,buyer beware! It's a good job that his sideline in selling ladies underwear helps his overall feedback on fleaBay.

Another Z owner from Blackpool also has a story to tell about a Z roof panel

I wonder if that's the same roof panel I have in the garage, Mind you their isn't anything wrong with mine so maybe not.

If I had been a bit more confident with the seller I might of bought the block myself, But their was something niggling away at the back of my mind, As you say buyer beware and always listen to your gut ;).

Rob

If Dave J had sprinkled his magic on this short block, I would want to see some paperwork....to often we see Z related items (generally speaking) pertaining to be this or that, and a lot of the time its a complete load of codswhallop.

In this case however - it's not, as the engine is well documented and has a known racing history.

And by now, we would be well on to a proper register of DJR cars and engines and such claims could be verified much easier but someone destroyed THAT thread.

LIke someone said before Sean Baby in that thread just look at the response from people,they aint botherd,and i would not buy an engine that i cant hear running and is in bits,would you or anybody else

Apathy rules !

Status - you bought an engine in bits from the same engine builder - YOU didn't see or hear it run ! And some of you have heard this engine and seen it run - you just don't know it !

£300 for a good base block - bargain !

Sean
I emailed the guy with some basic questions, bore, stroke etc and he hasnt even had the decency to reply....after nearly 4 days

Yep - some people eh ! He's obviously not bothered if he sells or not.....

My point is not to judge the product by the manner of the seller (and if you ask the right person.........) and not to judge at all like some red-heads when knowing NOTHING !

I've got two DJR heads in my garage now...........plus mine of course !

Anyone want a nice N42 with new seats and valves, comp. springs, handy camshaft - great for anything up 'til and including a road going mild tuned L28 ? PMs please.

Back