Obsessions / Addictions

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
OK I am sure I am not the only one on here with this problem.
My Mrs has put up with so much over the past 35 years. She has shared my passion for fags & lager since we met, and used to share the passion for cars also.

It was 1987 when I purchased the first Z & have been obsessed with them ever since, we had five here at one time !! We have owned 21 in all. Have been toying with parting with the present Z but do not think I ever can.

It does not end there, 1:18 & 1:12 scale model cars where also on the scene in a big way but over the years I have been able to suppress that one to a degree.

But 13 months I discovered how fabulous some of the model cars they produce these days are so started collecting mostly 1:43 scale models approx 300 within 12 months !!, in particular De Tomaso Pantera's (trying to achieve the largest collection around).
I am even having certain kits pro built.

So what are your obsessions/addictions ?

& why ? what is it all about ? will power ? being sad ? being boring ? making yourself happy ? etc

P.S. These models make me tick at the moment & it has been like christmas virtually every day for the past 12 months :eek:, it is only the expense that may stop me ticking :D

My obsession is buying cars...It's a drug and I want to be cured

Not happy with just buying them I have to alter them, restore them or anything them

Drives me mad.....seriously

Not happy with just buying them I have to alter them, restore them or anything them

Exactly how I feel. Will have to develop an antidote recon it would sell like hot cakes. :thumbs:

Steve Burns and Datsun Dave have very large model collections (not very large models!).

You obviously have it bad, but i have to say, as obsessions go, faffing about with cars is one of the better ones IMO :thumbs:

You obviously have it bad, but i have to say, as obsessions go, faffing about with cars is one of the better ones IMO :thumbs:

I totally agree with you about genuine real cars, ,but are you trying to say that model cars are a waste of time ? Even if I tried to upload some pics some of my models on here you probably would not be able to see the fine details that are within them. I was ward by one of my builders that it is very addictive hobby :eek:& he was more than correct

I totally agree with you about genuine real cars, ,but are you trying to say that model cars are a waste of time ? Even if I tried to upload some pics some of my models on here you probably would not be able to see the fine details that are within them. I was ward by one of my builders that it is very addictive hobby :eek:& he was more than correct

No, not at all, some models are incredibly detailed, i have a few myself, nothing special though.

I particularly like the ones where the car is placed within a period correct scene, with such detail, that with a close up shot you would think it was of an actual car. Ive seen some on Facebook, i think from a Japanese guy, but couldnt find any to upload.

I particularly like the ones where the car is placed within a period correct scene, with such detail, that with a close up shot you would think it was of an actual car. Ive seen some on Facebook, i think from a Japanese guy, but couldnt find any to upload.

These are the ones i meant :)

datsun1.jpg
datsun2.jpg
datsun3.jpg
datsun4.jpg
datsun5.jpg
datsun6.jpg
datsun7.jpg
KPGC10_1.jpg
KPGC10_2.jpg

Back