NEW Forum Member

sushisushi

Active Forum User
Hi Guys,

First post from me.

I live in South Yorkshire and run a Japanese food importer / distributor. Currently I run a 64 plate BMW M135i as a daily drive, but always loved Japanese cars. Modern ones are a bit boring though... One of my first was a MK1 MR2 which was great.

Good Z's are almost impossible to find in the UK so I've been researching buying one from the US and putting it on a Roll on Roll off ship for import.
Cost is pretty good, about $1000 for shipping.

I know what sort of car I want, but they're pretty thin on the ground, even in the US. I've made a pintrest page of the type of Z I'm after (don't snigger!). Ideally a completed rest / project car.

240Z Pintrest Page: https://www.pinteres...isushistu/240z/

Wishlist:
Not crazy horsepower or an engine transplant, but a nice rebuilt stock motor or 280z swap.
Flares / rota 17" wheels (I can actually source the wheels in the UK easily enough)
Nice fenders (not the hideous and huge crash barriers some US spec cars have
Fresh paint
Fresh interior

This is pretty much the ideal look.
http://forums.hybrid...-1398904490.jpg

Thanks for reading, any advice appreciated. I've got to start somewhere!

Stu.

Hiya and welcome !

Sounds like you've done some homework first - but your links don't work for me....

Nor for me but welcome

Your ideal car sounds......well ideal

US car ideal but make sure it's a dry state.. I've bought a few over has have a few here.

I currently own one too and it's perfectly rust free....great basis for a project

Well, If I'm buying a nice one from the states £20,000 seems to get one that is ready to go in great condition.

But the other option is to spend 10k on one that is a good runner, run it for a year or so in the UK then go for a pro rebuild. I'll state right now that I've got zero mechanical skills sadly. Car detailing, yes. Respraying and welding, not a chance...

I saw the Joop Stolze cars from Holland, but to be honest, they all look a bit rubbish.

This one looks nice:

http://hymanltd.com/vehicles/5394-1972-datsun-240z-coupe/
About £20k at current exchange rates.

Be wary of Joop - just a s/h car salesman - money is his goal not the cars' passion.

That one in the States has dodgy paint around the rear hatch glass - cheap set of bling wheels, a dash cap not to protect but to hide the dash cracks, a 4spd, soft suspension....basically everything to change for what you want.

But one here for £10k (sound cheap meaning compromise on the bodywork) and you could easily spend another 20.

Be patient and 1 will come along over here for the right money and it will have the steering wheel on the correct side,some people are asking way too much for left hookers which are not desirable over here compared to a right hooker unless you are going to spend shed loads converting to lhd,and that's if you can get all the bits,there ain't that many people in the market for Zeds as there are still some for sale that have been for sale for quite a while,don't buy without seeing in the flesh,can't do that with an import.Be patient

Like the ad says,you have to get off yer rse and make the effort to go and look,never rely on photos,seems about the right money going by the description,carpets, set is about £180 and a few stone hips ain't goner be mega money and wheel bearing is not a lot of money

I would certainly ask for more pictures given that I took that one of mine in 2005 at Rutland water when I first fitted the new Image wheels I bought, its still got its wabasto roof.

My point being, why are they using plagerised pictures? don't they have any of their own, if not why not...........

I was offered a MINT original paint etc LHD CA car last week for 20k if you're interested?

It's here in the UK I believe

Back