Lovely car

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've just been to the 'Broads' for a few days in my 350. I tend to use it mainly for special trips as I'm trying to keep the mileage down (now 100k) and also I don't like the everyday car park knocks, stone chips etc.

It returned 29.2 mpg, is this good (I think so)? Needless to say I kept to speed limits and very light traffic conditions. Shell V power was used throughout (400mls). By the way I'm on winter tyres and before you ask road noise is no problem. Tbh for everyday driving I feel more comfortable on tyres with a distinctive tread pattern. I don't drive quickly on the road, no point and dangerous. Even when you drive quickly you are not reaching anything like track limits, better to keep fast driving for track days.

What a lovely car it is, everyone admires it's looks and it makes me feel special, nothing wrong in that I hope.:driving:

Last edited by a moderator:

martinmac

Inactive
Sounds like a great trip Rob. I am happy to enjoy driving the car without having to use too much right foot. The figure you give sounds pretty good and with the price of fuel steadying off its well worth the cost.
Hope you venture out in it to a meet during the coming year :thumbs:

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Surely that's the point mate. If you only use it as a treat and it makes you feel special because of that then that is an incredible thing. It's a gorgeous car that is in a class of cars an awful lot more expensive to achieve roughly the same effect. It's a proper thinking mans sportscar. Enjoy the hell out of it. It's why we're all here!

Paul_S

Club Member
They're good aren't they? :D

I just took a neighbour for a spin. He's got a VX220 at the moment but wants something more suited to motorway driving. I think he was impressed :driving:

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
I think for the size of the car and the weight around town, ok, I do like to "drive", it's not too thirsty, but on the open road it really comes into play, normally around 800kms from a tank, can't argue with that. :D

zedboy

Club Member
I am still buzzing about my 350. I've had it for 3 months now and love driving it everyday. I'm a teacher and the kids think the 350 is awesome. I managed to get 31mpg on a recent trip to Devon, so really pleased with that! My car has done 16k and is an absolute pleasure to own.
My 240 (Growler) will always be my favourite, but the 350 comes a very very close second!