Looks like the same car to me - anyone on here?

this is in burton on trent it looks like the 1st add is near where i lived and still own a house the banger lads i used to race with????? the 2nd add is a guy called Graham bull i think, lives on the edge of buton he used to grass track a 240 some years ago

perhaps the second guy got it and then got cold feet when he realised how much work it needs and is selling it on

I went to see a car like this at Burton (on the road to the airfield Martin). He said he was an ex grass-track racer. The car was in poor condition - I bet it's the same one.

Not beyond resto. but a lot of work to return as a smart road car.

I'm assuming by looking at the bottom of the front rad panel and inner wings that this is a 240, am I correct folks?

Last edited by a moderator:
rob the early 260 has the same xmember looks just like my 260 yeh graham live on a hill going out to an airfield and he did have 1 for sale some time ago i did think about it for grass track use but decided not to in the end

his question answers are so far bordering HILARIOUS instead of informative...post Christmas grumps for sure. :rofl:

Nothing like shmoozing 95% of your target audience :) - he reckons club members (all clubs?) are all anoraks who do not own or cannot afford a 240/260z. Apparently his one is probably better than most of the ones we own.

See his latest rant for the full version of above.

The ad will disappear in six months time, so for anyone stumbling on this thread after that and find that the link doesn't work.....

Seller said:
I HAVE RECEIVED NUMEROUS REQUESTS FOR A B.I.N. OBVIOUSLY EVERYONE IS HOPING I WILL SELL THIS BELOW ITS VALUE WHICH IS THEIR CRAFTY WAY OF BEATING OTHERS TO IT-I KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE HAD SOME RIGHT BARGAINS MYSELF BY DOING THE SAME.SO FOLKS THE ANSWER TO YOUR REQUEST IS 'NO' IT WILL STAY ON TO THE END SO EVERYONE HAS THE SAME CHANCE. I HAVE ALSO HAD QUESTIONS CONCERNING INTERIOR,BODYPANELS,AND ONE CLOWN WHO SAID THE WHEELARCH LOOKED ROTTEN.SO, I SUGGEST TO THOSE WITH A.D.H D THAT YOU ASK SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN THE DESCRIPTION TO YOU.
THE SHELL IS VERY GOOD AND ALL WELDING AS BEEN COMPLETED TO A HIGH STANDARD,BUT OBVIOUSLY IT NEEDS FINISHING WITH A WONDERFUL SUBSTANCE CALLED 'PAINT'.THE PANELS HAVE ONLY BEEN PLACED ON THEY ARE NOT FITTED PROPERLY. THE WINGS HAVE A SMALL SECTION OF RUST ON THE REAR BOTTOM EDGE-THERE IS A SMALL REPAIR PANEL FOR ONE.
I HAVE ALSO BEEN ASKED FOR MORE PHOTO'S.WHEN THE BIDDING REACHES MORE THAN SCRAP VALUE-WHICH IS WHAT IT'S ON AT PRESENT- THEN I WILL ADD MORE PHOTO'S! THE FRONT END INCLUDES WHAT YOU SEE EXCEPT THE GRILL WHICH I HAVE NOT SHOWN.
I HAVE NOW FOUND THE CHASSIS NUMBER WHICH IS HS 3001597.I HOPE THIS CLARIFIES THE SITUATION,AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR BIDDING WITH ABANDON!

Seller said:
I HAVE HAD NUMEROUS ENQUIRIES FROM SO CALLED Z EXPERTS.ONE STATING THAT IT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ON THE Z-CLUB WEBSITE.IN MY EXPERIENCE THAT IS ALL THESE ANORAKS DO-TALK- THAT IS.I RECALL A CAPRI CLUB THAT USED TO MEET IN MY PUB.I OFFERRED THEM A 3.0S FOR £500 WHICH THEY SAID THEY-WOULD TALK ABOUT.WHILST THEY WERE DOING THIS I SOLD IT FOR £1200 TO A PROPER PERSON! MOST CLUB MEMBERS DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE CAR THAT THE CLUB DENOTES-OR INFACT THE MONEY TO BUY ONE.IF ALL THEY CAN DO IS TALK THEN THEY AINT GONNA BUY ONE!
ALSO A NOTE TO THESE ANORAKS.THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER ROTTEN Z ITS PROBABLY BETTER THAN MOST OF THEIRS.THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION.

Seller said:
Q: Do you have any photo's of the Z as the one in the add shows nothing other than a Z in need of major work, a bad rotten wheel arch repair, knackered seal, and a wing thats hanging off at the bottom. 03-Jan-11
A: they say a picture speaks a thousand words-unfortuately in your case it doesnt say anything,other than you wont be buying it!if you had bothered to read the description it says very good shell.all welding as been done to a good standard-there are new wheelarches which obviously need to be filled and then rubbed down-there are no seals fitted!and the wings are only placed on to give an idea of shape for people such as yourself who obviously dont have a clue! happy new year.

Oh, and for the record, I own my car and it is better than yours! :p

It's almost worth asking to see the reply?

I had a boss like him once, he could be good fun or an absolute b.....d, the trouble was you didn't know which until you contacted or met him.

So has someone asked about the sill/sills?

It's almost worth asking to see the reply?

I had a boss like him once, he could be good fun or an absolute b.....d, the trouble was you didn't know which until you contacted or met him.

So has someone asked about the sill/sills?

Going to ask him to take a picture of each of the 150 other items and list a discription.

checkout some of the other cars he is selling and the replies he has sent
heres one i copied

Q: hi ye, could you tell me the mileage please..
A: these usually go for export and mileage isnt an issue.why do you need to know it?i am intrigued!

Back